My niece

Status
Not open for further replies.

FrogLAH

Oct 6, 2006
Khatib
www.flickr.com
358950746_a963fd6eea_b.jpg

Constructive C&C please. Newbie looking to improve. THanks!!

I think this pic should be in Black and white...:)

This seems more of a casual snapshot because of the background distractions and the blurred arm movement. The colors appear dull and a mismatch to the kid's cuteness. The picture is soft and I guess it is because it was a handheld shot leading to camera shake.

are you trying to create a holga-like effect or is there a concept behind this unusually stylised shot?

This seems more of a casual snapshot because of the background distractions and the blurred arm movement. The colors appear dull and a mismatch to the kid's cuteness. The picture is soft and I guess it is because it was a handheld shot leading to camera shake.

Thanks for the feedback! Really appreciate the things to look out for.

i think the idea of duo-tonned cross processing was relatively interesting, but I think you could use a warmer tones to it, and besides it really a cute lil infant, should cast too much of a horror onto it :bsmilie:

oh..and remove that black strip on the right, its pretty annoying :sweatsm:

i think the idea of duo-tonned cross processing was relatively interesting, but I think you could use a warmer tones to it, and besides it really a cute lil infant, should cast too much of a horror onto it :bsmilie:

oh..and remove that black strip on the right, its pretty annoying :sweatsm:

Thanks for the comment! Will remove that black strip from the pic. Have to say, you guys really have eyes for details!

Does this tone really bring horror into the pic? hehehe..how about a calming nostalgic feel (instead of doing conventional sephia or B&W)? Again, there wasnt much thought into this outcome. I am new to photography and even newer to photoshop. Was tweaking the green curve and then.".eh..this seems interesting...."

haha..well, there's several methods of doing cross-processing on photoshop, one is directly of the Colour Balance tool, the other is the work with the neutral and black colours off Selective colours.

the color is too tinted.. amsyari is right, the contrast makes this a good B/W portrait, and also can crop off the right side abit, add some grain carefully to compensate the noise..

the color is too tinted.. amsyari is right, the contrast makes this a good B/W portrait, and also can crop off the right side abit, add some grain carefully to compensate the noise..

Thanks for the comment. Hmm...i must try out a B&W version since so highly recommended. hehehe..

this pic gives me a nostalgic feeling , apart from that i think is abit noisy only .
nice : )

Status
Not open for further replies.