My newbie posting of the Bugis Street

Status
Not open for further replies.

VertigoX

Oct 9, 2007
East
Exploring the Bugis streets. Here are some of the shots.

#1 - The Bali Lane
3458071965_0eb8951df1.jpg

#2 - View Park Square, the Golden Phoenix
3458952794_8fe4b905c4.jpg

#3 - Damaged pavement comes a new life
3458071701_2a5ac2b08f.jpg

#4 - Design shop house glows
3458888126_fc7874d348.jpg

#5 - Deserted Broken Chair
3458910176_2db1d2369e.jpg

Last edited:
#6 - Haji Lane alley Entrance
3458911404_842ab5aa85.jpg

#7 - Extraordinarily car-park view
3458095007_0aa2410a49.jpg

#8 - Bali Lane wall
3458095491_1afe3c63d1.jpg

#9 - 3 dimensional plus fingers print
3458119457_6c8332d609.jpg

#10 - Downtown City View
3458935758_f53dd634a4.jpg

Hope ya enjoy my 1st rookie posting here. Comments appreciated for improvement.
Thanks for the viewing.

------photography--design------
composition begins with your feet

Last edited:
Most of the pics can do w/ some extra sharpening

Example: In #3, the green ferns/plants need to be sharper as I believe they are the new life u r referring to

hello,
i like your compositions. do share some more.

As requested, the rest of the few shots, which i dun actually quite like it.

#11 - Ventilation at works, or should I says its actually 'u/s'
3461521134_101879de32.jpg

#12 - Skin of water
3461521796_4828b73697.jpg

#13 - iluma shopping design
3461522644_1ede0e0599.jpg

#14 - It is closed
3460705421_e488246c10.jpg

#15 - Another landscape of Suntec City
3461518570_5b4ee3a01b.jpg

Do have some other urban photos, but from other places. In my next post.

Most of the pics can do w/ some extra sharpening

Example: In #3, the green ferns/plants need to be sharper as I believe they are the new life u r referring to

Thanks, horizon_grazer. Appreciate the comment. I did it to my #3 photo, indeed, it looks more subjective & focus now. Unable to post it up, due my flicker kena MAX space already.

But I'll be showing some of my other street photos.

#16 - The flight of stairs
3460894171_2c2f9c2973.jpg

#17 - Kopi Culture
3461709078_867b5299ce.jpg

#18 - "Grandma" paintings
3461567130_a2d11e1716.jpg

#19 - Birds Invasion
3461573872_36816f1202.jpg

#20 - Just a fun shot "Pet birdy"
3461578146_8e8be6e5bc.jpg

Thanks for viewing.

I like #3 the best :D
Btw, from where did you take #10?

I like #3 shot as much as you like, high 5^! Broken car-park pavement let me spotted one fine shot.
Un-predictable views took from bugis Shaw's multi-carpark. keke.... ;)
How amazing it is to catch some views while one tend to explore more.

gnohz, got any cool places which you can intro to me?

lovely street series from you! loves it. mind to share what lenses did you use?

lovely street series from you! loves it. mind to share what lenses did you use?

Im a "cheapo" photographer, poor, no $ to buy lens. Frankly, these photos are just taken using my "portable" LX3.

The point i always told myself, no matter how expensive or how good the equipments are, it all comes to how you able to operate your equipments. Currently, I am focusing more on basic composition, & stuff etc... I am training myself on how to capture the best shots, the different aspects, and subjects focused on or how a photo can tells you wonderful story.

Thanks that you like my photos, you makes me happy and continue to work hard on it seriously. :D

Im a "cheapo" photographer, poor, no $ to buy lens. Frankly, these photos are just taken using my "portable" LX3.

The point i always told myself, no matter how expensive or how good the equipments are, it all comes to how you able to operate your equipments. Currently, I am focusing more on basic composition, & stuff etc... I am training myself on how to capture the best shots, the different aspects, and subjects focused on or how a photo can tells you wonderful story.

Thanks that you like my photos, you makes me happy and continue to work hard on it seriously. :D

" cheapo " is not a problem as long as it's not a " GEL-UP " brain or " BLURRY-EYES ", even a good composition presented infront also couldn't appreciate. Camera is just equipment/tools of a photographer, good foods are cooked with a black " WOK " not Microwave.
Some good composition you'd got there, but not all, and also the lighting is not dramatic. However, I like the Phoenix. Cheers.

Last edited:
I notice you have good eye for detail and is trying hard to give your shot a creative look, my personal favourite is #7 - Extraordinarily car-park view, this is a view most people who walk pass will just shoot as a landscape scenery shot, but to include the wall as a frame and with the B&W conversion, it is good.

" cheapo " is not a problem as long as it's not a " GEL-UP " brain or " BLURRY-EYES ", even a good composition presented infront also couldn't appreciate. Camera is just equipment/tools of a photographer, good foods are cooked with a black " WOK " not Microwave.
Some good composition you'd got there, but not all, and also the lighting is not dramatic. However, I like the Phoenix. Cheers.

Appreciate your comments, it helps me. Thanks cabbySHE, perhaps you can explain more in how I can make the lighting more dramatic. :)

I like #3 shot as much as you like, high 5^! Broken car-park pavement let me spotted one fine shot.
Un-predictable views took from bugis Shaw's multi-carpark. keke.... ;)
How amazing it is to catch some views while one tend to explore more.

gnohz, got any cool places which you can intro to me?

Thanks for the info! Really amazing to find that there's another angle to appreciate the city view! :D

Unfortunately, I'm a newbie too so I don't know as many places as all the pros here! But I must say you really explored your surroundings well! :thumbsup:

Appreciate your comments, it helps me. Thanks cabbySHE, perhaps you can explain more in how I can make the lighting more dramatic. :)

When at site/location make note of the light source/sun's orientation, take not of time too, in Singapore, it is not difficult to mark out the East/West orientation. As you know the potential subject is always there, come back at another time when the light is right.
The last two sundays' ( not yesterday ) afternoon was having an extremely strong hard afternoon light which suits your subject best, wonder did you make good use of it ? Saw a lot of photographers shooting around city hall and empress place.

Btw, your LX3 isn't that " cheapo " than a Casio Exilim, right ? For your information...one of our local internationally acknowledged talent/master is using it.

Last edited:
Thanks for the info! Really amazing to find that there's another angle to appreciate the city view! :D

Unfortunately, I'm a newbie too so I don't know as many places as all the pros here! But I must say you really explored your surroundings well! :thumbsup:

Taking photos really makes me explored and appreciates the surrounding more.

We newbie, keke. We pro newbie, up one level already. Anyway, last sun I just went take some nature shots @ bukit timah, really really more tired than any other streets. Streets still can shop & sit down drink. Really shange out, marco on insects is hard! :cry:

When at site/location make note of the light source/sun's orientation, take not of time too, in Singapore, it is not difficult to mark out the East/West orientation. As you know the potential subject is always there, come back at another time when the light is right.
The last two sundays' ( not yesterday ) afternoon was having an extremely strong hard afternoon light which suits your subject best, wonder did you make good use of it ? Saw a lot of photographers shooting around city hall and empress place.

Btw, your LX3 isn't that " cheapo " than a Casio Exilim, right ? For your information...one of our local internationally acknowledged talent/master is using it.

Did not try the streets again last week, try to take some nature shots at bukit timah, but as I mention on the above reply. It was hard! My camera is not suitable for the macro on the tiny insect. Local acknowledged is who, will like to check out on his/her photos taken with my LX3, my master. haha, ;)

a hint for you..

he is low profile...may bump into him without knowing.

like to attire in shorts and sandals...

has got a gallery in " G " area.

donated 6,000 copies of books collection to National Library. ( his own private collection )

let or many people step/walk on his works in a busy mrt stn.

rumours ( just rumours only hor ) that our PM paid him a visit and was offered a ministerial post but declined to accept.

more than enough clue for you....if you still don't know...ask your peers.

a hint for you..

he is low profile...may bump into him without knowing.

like to attire in shorts and sandals...

has got a gallery in " G " area.

donated 6,000 copies of books collection to National Library. ( his own private collection )

let or many people step/walk on his works in a busy mrt stn.

rumours ( just rumours only hor ) that our PM paid him a visit and was offered a ministerial post but declined to accept.

more than enough clue for you....if you still don't know...ask your peers.

Haha, is it me? Kidding... No idea who he is. Can someone kindly tell me? hahaha... ;)

More Posting to my Streets Thread, Comments appreciated!!! Happy viewing. This time round, more PS contrasted & saturated.

#21 - Sphere of the District - Bright daylight, easy taken up with the shadow
3491352091_139c61c782.jpg

#22 - Revolving Pillar - Ceiling of the building
3494414841_dc40bdf92d.jpg

#23 - Board game anywhere - guess the boards are everywhere on the ground & free to play.
3494423073_2d2cdd4c66.jpg

#24 - Tall is lonely - Tree standing beside the building, contrasting with the checkered wall.
3494418677_66e61950c1.jpg

#25 - The Supports - Glass reflecting the buildings thru it
3495243752_ddf584c90c.jpg

To Be Continue...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.