hope you all can give me some advice to improve thank you

IMG_0004.jpg

IMG_0032.jpg

IMG_0033.jpg

IMG_0034.jpg

IMG_0047.jpg

the sky seems overexposed. did u meter off from thesky 1st? :think:

PP out the lamp post, bollards, etc.

Next time can try standing further away and using a long lens to zoom in. Cars tend to look a bit more "fierce" that way.

And try HDR also?

:)

the sky seems overexposed. did u meter off from thesky 1st? :think:

Me thinks the shadow areas are dark and the sky is over exposed. Melvin should meter for the sky and then use fill flash to highlight the dark shadows.

pls pardon this noob question, need advice from experienced folks like u. few qns:
1. in such a shot what kind of metering should be used? i'm thinking center-weighted?
2. how do u meter off the sky 1st? u mean 1/2 press the sky in focus then drag it down to the car?

looking forward to ur advice. thanks!

pls pardon this noob question, need advice from experienced folks like u. few qns:
1. in such a shot what kind of metering should be used? i'm thinking center-weighted?
2. how do u meter off the sky 1st? u mean 1/2 press the sky in focus then drag it down to the car?

looking forward to ur advice. thanks!

point the camera to the sky and use your exposure lock button. This way, the camera will auto calculate and lock the exposure for the sky

my personal habit is to program tht button to do exposure lock only

the main subject isn't the sky. your metering is fine. why would you meter to the sky and have the car underexposed ? in this situation, the sensor has only so much dynamic range for one or the other to be exposed correctly.

point the camera to the sky and use your exposure lock button. This way, the camera will auto calculate and lock the exposure for the sky

And you will get a nicely exposed sky to show a silhouette? With the clutter background, u will just see a black mass at the bottom of the photo.

zomg! theres a exposure lock function???! where is it? i use a canon....

And you will get a nicely exposed sky to show a silhouette? With the clutter background, u will just see a black mass at the bottom of the photo.
thats what i thought might happen with the method i know.... but redname seems to be talking abt a technique that can allow for BOTH sky and car to be exposed properly?

wat i'm describing is jus in general :)

zomg! theres a exposure lock function???! where is it? i use a canon....

thats what i thought might happen with the method i know.... but redname seems to be talking abt a technique that can allow for BOTH sky and car to be exposed properly?

1. i was told tht all DSLR have exposure lock function, u might need to look at ur manual for the button. sorry can't help u here as i'm on nikon.

2. actually i was answering ur question abt metering directly. i haven't mention abt fill flash

Thank for everyone advice i will try to improve thank you

These shots show why cars are normally shot with a model...

1st 2 pics like off focus to me.. :(

Some pictures are too soft but still nice. Try to use some fill flash or HDR to get the sky and the car exposure right. Nice try. :D

Watch your focusing and select a better background to best suit the orange Tuscani.
Pick up some Photoshop skills, it can help to polish and clean up your shots a bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.