My new toy! :D


Status
Not open for further replies.

YSLee

Senior Member
Jan 17, 2002
2,326
1
38
Visit site
#1
My new toy! :gbounce:









Cute no?

Oh, and guess what camera was used to take the first three photos?
 

YSLee

Senior Member
Jan 17, 2002
2,326
1
38
Visit site
#6
Originally posted by Flare
Hee Hee... I've seen this mini RC at toybox at suntec.... They got this AE86 set with 3 casings, differnt wheels etc... BTW, how much you got it for?
Toybox, to be polite, has rather expensive prices. The Hachi-roku set was nice, but they wanted $119 for it.. and it's supposed to be just 3480 yen (list price in Japan)! But it comes with 3 sets of gear ratios and 3 sets of tires.. and it's supposed to be able to drift. :p

Anyway, I got it from Toys 'r' Us at Marina. $48.95 compared to nearly $60 at Toybox.. Bleah.
 

Flare

New Member
Jan 24, 2002
1,734
0
0
36
Bukit Batok West Avenue 2
public.fotki.com
#7
yeah I know Toybox was ex.... But then its tough to find the AE86... But at that price.... I'll rather save up to get an entry level RC....

But then... its AE86.... That reminds me, I think I say one last month on the road of Singapore.... Too bad it didn't have fujiwara toufu ten on its side :D
 

YSLee

Senior Member
Jan 17, 2002
2,326
1
38
Visit site
#9
Originally posted by Flare
yeah I know Toybox was ex.... But then its tough to find the AE86... But at that price.... I'll rather save up to get an entry level RC....

But then... its AE86.... That reminds me, I think I say one last month on the road of Singapore.... Too bad it didn't have fujiwara toufu ten on its side :D
I have this thing for small RC cars. I'm saving up for the Kyosho Mini Z Hachi Roku. And yes, it has the words Fujiwara Tofu Shop (Private Vehicle) at the side.

The reason I like them small is that it's easier to find spots to race. With a 1/10 scale model, you need bigger places to race, and it's kinda limiting. Plus once you start.. watch the moola fly!

The hachi roku you saw, was it a Trueno or Levin?
 

YSLee

Senior Member
Jan 17, 2002
2,326
1
38
Visit site
#10
Originally posted by Flare
3480 yen? that's like around $60 dollars???? HAHAHAHHAH... I know what to ask my GF to get when she goes to Japan next month!
Basket, I want!

Oh, on 25th April, they're releasing the Initial D version. Comes with the FD's bodykit as well! Look out for it, it's also 3480 yen!
 

#11
I think its a Levin... appears that the Tureno's pop up headlights weren't that popular at that point of time.... it fails...

Hoo Hooo hooo Great news... Must get must get.... But then I need to educate my GF on what's AE86....

Hmmm... come to think of it, they can make good subjects to practice panning... (Hey, this IS a photography forum...)
 

YSLee

Senior Member
Jan 17, 2002
2,326
1
38
Visit site
#13
Originally posted by Flare
I think its a Levin... appears that the Tureno's pop up headlights weren't that popular at that point of time.... it fails...

Hoo Hooo hooo Great news... Must get must get.... But then I need to educate my GF on what's AE86....

Hmmm... come to think of it, they can make good subjects to practice panning... (Hey, this IS a photography forum...)
Hey, this isn't called Banal Talk without a good reason. :p

Actually, the Trueno isn't that easy to get. I think they were mainly a Japanese domestic product, few of them were exported out, I think.

So which one are you getting, the AE86 Trueno or the Initial D version? Just to warn you though, they're all at 27mhz. How annoying. >_<

Oh, there're parts available for the car as well. 3 different grades of motors, gear ratios and tires.
 

YSLee

Senior Member
Jan 17, 2002
2,326
1
38
Visit site
#14
Originally posted by ninelives
/me steps on yslee's new toy. :devil:
*sprays water all over the cat* BAD CAT! BAD CAT!

*proceeds to give it a good ass whopping*
 

#15
yeah... I think the fastest motor is called 3.0 or something... I dunnoe which one she can find... I guess anyone she can get will be a good one since she ain't really into initial D (I forced her to watch a few episodes hee hee..) And then, its if she can find it.

9lives: Why aren't you sleeping~~~ You are working morning Shift!

Anyway...can enlighten me about the remote frequency? why is 27mhz not good? Me not really good in RCs...
 

Wai

Senior Member
Jan 17, 2002
5,270
0
36
39
South Pole with Penguin
singastro.org
#18
Originally posted by Flare


Hee Hee, Kamwai, studying ah? taking break ah? Me too...

Luckily this is my last sememter exams... NO MORE EXAMS~
yah..finsihed first paper today...3 more to go....and at least 6 more semesters for me!!!

duh...
 

YSLee

Senior Member
Jan 17, 2002
2,326
1
38
Visit site
#20
Originally posted by Flare
yeah... I think the fastest motor is called 3.0 or something... I dunnoe which one she can find... I guess anyone she can get will be a good one since she ain't really into initial D (I forced her to watch a few episodes hee hee..) And then, its if she can find it.

Anyway...can enlighten me about the remote frequency? why is 27mhz not good? Me not really good in RCs...
Fastest motor is a 2.6; look out for an orange colour band. I find the 2.2 motor damn fast as it is.

Print a nice nice big photo of the hachi roku and ask her to look for it. Won't go wrong.

27mhz is not really something I like, because most RC toys come in 27 mhz. And my friend's Celica is 27 mhz already. Clashing frequencies = unusable toys. The fun of this is to race one another! :D
 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom