My New Favorite Photo

Status
Not open for further replies.
this is a very sad story u are trying to tell the viewers........its quite em brassing to watch it :embrass:the very hungry looking dog yearning for some titbits from the child......will not go down well with the animal lovers:think:even the child looks malnurished but i am not so sure:rolleyes:watever, this pic has made me very sad:nono: well i am looking forward to your other new favorite pic u wud be shooting soon;)

this is a very sad story u are trying to tell the viewers........its quite em brassing to watch it :embrass:the very hungry looking dog yearning for some titbits from the child......will not go down well with the animal lovers:think:even the child looks malnurished but i am not so sure:rolleyes:watever, this pic has made me very sad:nono: well i am looking forward to your other new favorite pic u wud be shooting soon;)
Umm...that's one of my sons (one of my twin boys) and he is nowhere near malnourished. He's a little small compared to his twin brother but no "malnourished" (they were born 5 weeks early and he was only 1800g at birth). In fact, if you take a look at the dog, he's not "malnourished" either...no ribs showing, bright and alert, etc.... He's owned by the owner of the milk farm we happened to be visiting last Saturday and well taken care of.

And he got some cookies fed to him by the other twin (who was munching on milk cookies next to me because he said the ice cream was "too cold").

Wow you misread this photo.

Just curious, what *exactly* makes the dog or the child (his name is Aidan) look "malnourished"?

i dont get the malnourish kinda feel...
the dog just looks curious to me.. and the kid with his cheeky a little bloated, gives the impression he is enjoying his icecream!
nice take.

Cool Shot! :thumbsup:

Doggie : *pant pant* Gimme gimme some
Lil Dude : *creases eyebrows* no... it's mine mine, all mine!

I personally is a fan of simple pictures which tells a story.
I will cast my vote to you.

Notice there is a white piece of material on the left.
You may want to remove that using PS as its a little distracting, as my eyes scans it for a while before returning to the main subjects. ;)

Cheers

Yong Sak
www.yongsakphotoblog.com

i dont get the malnourish kinda feel...
the dog just looks curious to me.. and the kid with his cheeky a little bloated, gives the impression he is enjoying his icecream!
nice take.
Thanks! I'm wondering where he saw it but he hasn't replied yet. :rolleyes:

Cool Shot!

Doggie : *pant pant* Gimme gimme some
Lil Dude : *creases eyebrows* no... it's mine mine, all mine!
That's basically how it went...except that it was more of a shake-head-wave-hand "No! No! Ge-ge ice cream!" :)

I personally is a fan of simple pictures which tells a story.
I will cast my vote to you.

Notice there is a white piece of material on the left.
You may want to remove that using PS as its a little distracting, as my eyes scans it for a while before returning to the main subjects. ;)
Someone dropped a napkin :cry:. For web-posting it's easy to clone out but the cloning would be obvious if I want to make a big print. If I want to enlarge it that traditional way I can sponge it, but it's still too big and would be noticeable. :(

Very emotive post, I might say, but if you don't mind, it seems like quite a warped way to read it, particularly since the boy looks quite chubby, certainly in no way malnourished.

Maybe you are not familiar with animals either...the dog does not appear malnourished either.

Anyway, OpenLens, not sure if you noticed, but focus seems to be abit rearward, on the dog. Your boy (Aidan, right?) looks to be a little out of focus. Would also have preferred a little more light on Aidan's face. Also, not sure if at eye level the image might have looked more flattering for Aidan (but then again, the dog probably would not have been included in the frame as a result of eye-level framing).

Other than that, very interesting and spontaneous-looking image.

well well well mropenlens:) if he is ur boy then i am sure he is not malnurished at all;) i believe u more than my eyes;) even the dog has a collar, so he must be a pet tooo:think: though he still looks hungry to me, for some the dogsl looks likes he is curious....i am ready to buy that too,actually maybe we need to blame the lighting finally........cz its making both the boy and dog look very thin:) except the boy cheeks look fat!!! finally i want to believe mropenlens whn he says both the dog and boy look healthy....
mrcalebk...i only write about what i can see in the pic.........and i am entitled to my opinion...

if i want to interpret it in a funny way..... its looks like,the boy is saying to the pet dog" this ice cream is mine,all mine.........go get your own"

i like it
good exposure and perfect timing

new life, somethings you have to keep to yourself
i could easily see how OpenLens would be offended by your posts

I believe newlife was relating to Kevin Carter's work.
As for me I see a chubby kid munching intently on his snack oblivious to the "silly" looking mutt at the snack longingly out of greed. :)
I feel it would work better for me if the focus is on the kid unless it was your intention to capture the look of greed on the dog?

Thanks for the comments, everyone :)

I feel it would work better for me if the focus is on the kid unless it was your intention to capture the look of greed on the dog?

Anyway, OpenLens, not sure if you noticed, but focus seems to be abit rearward, on the dog. Your boy (Aidan, right?) looks to be a little out of focus. Would also have preferred a little more light on Aidan's face.
The focusing wasn't intentional but neither was it accidental. For the sake of shooting speed I had the lens set at f8, hyperfocus. Aidan was just slightly inside the minimum focus distance :(

This is my new favorite photo until I take my next new favorite photo.

Exposure: 1/60 at f8
Film: Ilford PanF (EI50)
Processing: HC-110 (dil B) for 4m @ 20C
Camera: Voigtlander Bessa R2
Lens: CV 28/1.9 Ultron

Good shot! Nice little chubby boy enjoying a yummy treat with a friendly dog. I love happy street candids. Cheers. :cool:

Nice picture. When I saw this pic, I even smile. Good job there. This is definitely not a sad story. Anyway, I have a dog and anyone has a dog, will know that a dog is always looking to grab a bite even though he is fed. haha

I think sometimes we're guilty of over-analysing an image, and overlook the meaning in its simplicity...or the simplicity in its meaning.

Also, I'm inclined to think that one's interpretation of an image is a reflection of one's perspective of life, or even one's actual life! Oh well...

Brian...you already know how i feel abt the photo (in DA). But I didn't mention this...the contrast seems slightly different compared to your other images. This one seems a tad muted actually.

Cheers mate.

Nizz

Nice picture. When I saw this pic, I even smile. Good job there. This is definitely not a sad story. Anyway, I have a dog and anyone has a dog, will know that a dog is always looking to grab a bite even though he is fed. haha
LOL yeah actually we have 2 dogs at home, a terrier and a lab/husky mix so both our twins are fairly comfortable around other dogs...and both know that dogs are always after what's in their hands. ;)

Brian...you already know how i feel abt the photo (in DA). But I didn't mention this...the contrast seems slightly different compared to your other images. This one seems a tad muted actually.
It is. :) The CV 28/1.9 renders better midtones and PanF renders a "more scannable" image then the tri-x I normally shoot with.

There's a thread in the RF forum here (http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=371712) where I posted a series of shots from the same roll of tri-x taken with the same lens. The only difference is lighting and aperture. It shows what a difference aperture and lighting makes in contrast.

Hmm...I just realized that the photo got DD'd at DA. :cool:

please keep postings relevant to the critique of the picture. personal chit chats can be done via private messages. thanks.

unnecessary postings removed.

wat kinda commetn is tat...ppl comment abt the pic, u comment abt ur feel of the dog..is a pic for goodness sake.

Status
Not open for further replies.