My new 60D Kit 2! (:

No, you didn't pay money. But based on the terms of the contest, the pictures you submitted belong to Canon Singapore Pte Ltd and they can use these pictures in any way they want to without seeking your permission or making any payment to you. In addition, according to the terms, they can use your name, personal particulars and likeness (your image, if they have it - perhaps they took a shot of you when you collected your prize?) for advertising or publicity (in relation to the contest).

In essence, you have "paid" something - giving them the image you submitted (which means it doesn't belong to you anymore), allowing them to use your name and personal particulars in advertising etc.

I feel they should at least extend the regular warranty they do for all new local (non-grey) purchases. But that's just my take on this. Perhaps what they're doing is the norm with local competitions. I dunno.

Anyway, enjoy your cam. :)

I see..hmm..okie..I will try to call Canon one of these days to check out ba..
xiexie. :)

LOL because it's big, spacious, padded and not a camera bag.
and because i'm a biker, i don't have to buy 2 separate waterproof bags :bsmilie:

Oh..Icic.. You'r a biker. kool man.. Then I think that suits you best. :D

Qing dE

congrats bro on the new camera!

mind if u share with us the winning image?

congrats bro on the new camera!

mind if u share with us the winning image?

Hi! Xiexie! :D
okie sure! :)

photostream

Hi guys.. i think his winning image is here. i found it on Canon's website. Nice pic.:thumbsup:

Congrats, Qingde.. Enjoy your new camera and keep shooting =)

Last edited:
Hi guys.. i think his winning image is here. i found it on Canon's website. Nice pic.:thumbsup:

Congrats, Qingde.. Enjoy your new camera and keep shooting =)

Xiexie! :D
okie I will de. ;)

Cheers!
Qing dE

Hi ppl..

I just heard abt the drybox thing from my friend today and i just read thru the threads regarding drybox/cabi..
hmm.. may I know when is the latest time where I can buy a drybox or cabi if I just gotten my camera and its still in the box not used yet?
meaning, can I get it after CNY that kind? I think by that tym is around 2mths ler ba.. from the date I collected the camera..

Hi ppl..

I just heard abt the drybox thing from my friend today and i just read thru the threads regarding drybox/cabi..
hmm.. may I know when is the latest time where I can buy a drybox or cabi if I just gotten my camera and its still in the box not used yet?
meaning, can I get it after CNY that kind? I think by that tym is around 2mths ler ba.. from the date I collected the camera..

A drybox cost abt $20 - $50 Range. I'm not sure about the price its about there. In the mean time try to keep ur camera in a cool place and avoid bringing it out from cold to warm places as condensation will occur.

If you have any air tight container it could be use temporarily until you could get a proper dry cabinet which operate on electricity. Its more worth while in the long run. ^^
If you have any air tight container, you will need to buy those blue silicon that will suck up moisture and the troublesome part would be you have to dry the silicon gel ones it turns color every now and then. You might have to do that until you can get a proper dry cabinet.

A drybox cost abt $20 - $50 Range. I'm not sure about the price its about there. In the mean time try to keep ur camera in a cool place and avoid bringing it out from cold to warm places as condensation will occur.

If you have any air tight container it could be use temporarily until you could get a proper dry cabinet which operate on electricity. Its more worth while in the long run. ^^
If you have any air tight container, you will need to buy those blue silicon that will suck up moisture and the troublesome part would be you have to dry the silicon gel ones it turns color every now and then. You might have to do that until you can get a proper dry cabinet.

okok..if i just leave the camera in the camera box and dun put in air conditional room is it okie to last me for at least 2mths before I can buy a dry cabi? :)

okok..if i just leave the camera in the camera box and dun put in air conditional room is it okie to last me for at least 2mths before I can buy a dry cabi? :)

i think what skylover meant is to keep your wife in an air-conditioned environment (cool) because it's less humid and warm. in science you'll learn that fungus tends to grow in warmer climes than colder ones.

haha.

my experience is that should be able to last in an air-conditioned environment for 2 months. i've got a couple of lenses in my office drawer and they're still perfectly fine even after 6 months? haha

Depends I have a 35-70 MD lens that sat in the cupboard without any dehumidifying stuffs for more than 20+ years and its still fine

I think get a camera bag and some silicon packs and put ur cam in it. :)