My new 60D Kit 2! (:

Hi welcome!

To have a quick, general workings of your camera, sign up for Canon's free workshop.

Bags, you may want to refer to the first post in this thread for the recommended shops and head down with your camera to find the one which you may prefer. There's backpacks, sling bags, beltpacks, big and small!

Memory cards, generally the cheaper ones are from Sim Lim Sq. You may consider Best bargain store on the fifth floor, SLS. They seem to have the better prices for memory cards.

Read your manual, read up the stickys threads here, magazines, books, attend workshops etc!!

Happy shooting! :)

Hi there!

Ha.. sad to say that I dont think I am eligible to sign up for these workshop or whatsoever de.. Cuz after all, its a prize that I have won.. and the person told me that this camera dont have warrenty de.. but its a brand new camera.. So.. ya lopz.. I can only read up the manual and just explore the different functions ba. :)
thanks for the recommandations! ;)

Cheers!
Qing dE

Hi there!

Ha.. sad to say that I dont think I am eligible to sign up for these workshop or whatsoever de.. Cuz after all, its a prize that I have won.. and the person told me that this camera dont have warrenty de.. but its a brand new camera.. So.. ya lopz.. I can only read up the manual and just explore the different functions ba. :)
thanks for the recommandations! ;)

Cheers!
Qing dE

No warranty? That doesn't quite sound right. You may not have paid for it with $, but you took part in a contest organised by Canon and won a new 60D that's not a "grey" set. After all, it's directly from Canon. Besides, you have "paid" to take part. Take a look at this:

"3.1 Without prejudice to the rest of these Terms and Conditions, by participating in the Contest, each participant acknowledges and agrees to:

b) the usage of his/her names, personal particulars, likeness and photographs for any advertising, promotional and publicity activities relating to or in connection with the Contest and in such manner at such place as CSPL may determine at its sole and absolute discretion; and
c) all entries becoming the sole property of CSPL. CSPL reserves the right to use these entry forms, content and information in any manner it deems fit, without the need to seek the consent of any party or make any financial payment or fees to any other party."

Last edited:
No warranty? That doesn't quite sound right. You may not have paid for it with $, but you took part in a contest organised by Canon and won a new 60D that's not a "grey" set. After all, it's directly from Canon. Besides, you have "paid" to take part. Take a look at this:

"3.1 Without prejudice to the rest of these Terms and Conditions, by participating in the Contest, each participant acknowledges and agrees to:

b) the usage of his/her names, personal particulars, likeness and photographs for any advertising, promotional and publicity activities relating to or in connection with the Contest and in such manner at such place as CSPL may determine at its sole and absolute discretion; and
c) all entries becoming the sole property of CSPL. CSPL reserves the right to use these entry forms, content and information in any manner it deems fit, without the need to seek the consent of any party or make any financial payment or fees to any other party."

Hi..I dun quite get it leh.. You mean I paid to join the contest itzzit?
But I didt pay any money to join this contest.. all I need to do is to upload my photo and just type in my particulars thats all..
But just for your info.. I got my prize from this company called Dentsu Singapore Pte Ltd..I didt collect my prize directly from Canon.. but it was that company that collected the prize from Canon and then passed it to me..So.. I guess.. mayb Dentsu is the main organizer and Canon is the one sponsering the prize? I did a search on this company and I think they do advertising de..Yup.. :confused:

Qing dE

Wow grats on winning!
It's a sign that you should continue with photography hehehehehe. ;)]

Memory cards wise you can browse this thread to make your decision.
http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=441155
Lots of valuable information there.

Bags wise is really individual preference. You want a sling bag or bagpack? You want a small one or big one? What brand you want? Etc etc.
Most common brands that people go to is lowepro as they are generally the cheapest and yet reliable.

Have fun with your 60d!

Wow grats on winning!
It's a sign that you should continue with photography hehehehehe. ;)]

Memory cards wise you can browse this thread to make your decision.
http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=441155
Lots of valuable information there.

Bags wise is really individual preference. You want a sling bag or bagpack? You want a small one or big one? What brand you want? Etc etc.
Most common brands that people go to is lowepro as they are generally the cheapest and yet reliable.

Have fun with your 60d!

Hi Crystal!
Thanks for rejoicing with me! :D
okie! I will check out the thread now. :)
and for the bag.. I would prefer a sling bag.okok. I'll go and check it out at the shops and find the one I lyk..
Xiexie! ;)

Cheers!
Qing dE

Hi Crystal!
Thanks for rejoicing with me! :D
okie! I will check out the thread now. :)
and for the bag.. I would prefer a sling bag.okok. I'll go and check it out at the shops and find the one I lyk..
Xiexie! ;)

Cheers!
Qing dE

What a coincidence! I prefer sling bags too because of the ease of use but most people would prefer bagpack as they want to distribute the weight evenly. Since you prefer slings bags may i give a few suggestions of my own?

What a coincidence! I prefer sling bags too because of the ease of use but most people would prefer bagpack as they want to distribute the weight evenly. Since you prefer slings bags may i give a few suggestions of my own?

Ooh..so kool! okie sure! ahaha.. I think cuz I am used to carrying sling bag for the past few years le.. so ya lopz.. no offence to those who carry bagpack kk.. I feel that I am not a very bagpack person ba..cuz it dun really suit me.. that's y.. lol..:D
So... what's your suggestions? :D

Ooh..so kool! okie sure! ahaha.. I think cuz I am used to carrying sling bag for the past few years le.. so ya lopz.. no offence to those who carry bagpack kk.. I feel that I am not a very bagpack person ba..cuz it dun really suit me.. that's y.. lol..:D
So... what's your suggestions? :D

Lowepro Adventura 170
Lowepro Magnum 200 AW
Lowepro Nova 180 AW
Lowepro Stealth Reporter D300 AW
Lowepro Rezo 180 AW

Go check out this 5 bags and if they don't suit your taste well, have to go for think tank bags which is almost twice the price of lowepro or crumpler or something. :sweatsm:

For me i'm using the stealth reporter. ;)

The Canon brown colour EOS Tote bag is a very nice choice if you are not intending to get a lot of lenses. :thumbsup:

Lowepro Adventura 170
Lowepro Magnum 200 AW
Lowepro Nova 180 AW
Lowepro Stealth Reporter D300 AW
Lowepro Rezo 180 AW

Go check out this 5 bags and if they don't suit your taste well, have to go for think tank bags which is almost twice the price of lowepro or crumpler or something. :sweatsm:

For me i'm using the stealth reporter. ;)

Ha.. I check out all the 5bags le..
It all looks veri similar. :D
I also check out think tank and crumpler le. indeed, its quite ex orh..lol.
I shall go to the shop and try out these bags one day ba. ;)

Many thanks for introducing me to the things I wanna find. :D
Xiexie!

Qing dE

Ha.. I check out all the 5bags le..
It all looks veri similar. :D
I also check out think tank and crumpler le. indeed, its quite ex orh..lol.
I shall go to the shop and try out these bags one day ba. ;)

Many thanks for introducing me to the things I wanna find. :D
Xiexie!

Qing dE

Similar yes similar but do note that the first bag doesn't have AW which is lowepro's all-weather cover. The gray thingy that protects your bag when it rains. And also for the same series they have different sizes so yeah.

Just head on down to tk foto or cathay photo and check it out. ;)

Similar yes similar but do note that the first bag doesn't have AW which is lowepro's all-weather cover. The gray thingy that protects your bag when it rains. And also for the same series they have different sizes so yeah.

hmm if you need a waterproof sling it's hard to find one i think.

for me, i was thinking of importing a timbuk2 maverick that's totally waterproof. but will cost around $500 after purchase+import+inserts. haha.

Just head on down to tk foto or cathay photo and check it out. ;)

Yaya :D
I noticed that they got this silver color thing that warps around the whole bag to protect it frm all the weather. that is their trademark itzzit? :D

I will b heading down mayb nex week ba.. but for the mean tym.. my friend might be lending mi his spare bag n a memory card. :D Might be only la.. lol. :)

Qing dE

hmm if you need a waterproof sling it's hard to find one i think.

for me, i was thinking of importing a timbuk2 maverick that's totally waterproof. but will cost around $500 after purchase+import+inserts. haha.

Wow... 500bucks.. With that amount of money.. I think I can buy a 16G memory card and a nice crumpler slingbag. :D :p

Qing dE

Hi..I dun quite get it leh.. You mean I paid to join the contest itzzit?
But I didt pay any money to join this contest.. all I need to do is to upload my photo and just type in my particulars thats all..
But just for your info.. I got my prize from this company called Dentsu Singapore Pte Ltd..I didt collect my prize directly from Canon.. but it was that company that collected the prize from Canon and then passed it to me..So.. I guess.. mayb Dentsu is the main organizer and Canon is the one sponsering the prize? I did a search on this company and I think they do advertising de..Yup.. :confused:

Qing dE

No, you didn't pay money. But based on the terms of the contest, the pictures you submitted belong to Canon Singapore Pte Ltd and they can use these pictures in any way they want to without seeking your permission or making any payment to you. In addition, according to the terms, they can use your name, personal particulars and likeness (your image, if they have it - perhaps they took a shot of you when you collected your prize?) for advertising or publicity (in relation to the contest).

In essence, you have "paid" something - giving them the image you submitted (which means it doesn't belong to you anymore), allowing them to use your name and personal particulars in advertising etc.

I feel they should at least extend the regular warranty they do for all new local (non-grey) purchases. But that's just my take on this. Perhaps what they're doing is the norm with local competitions. I dunno.

Anyway, enjoy your cam. :)

Wow... 500bucks.. With that amount of money.. I think I can buy a 16G memory card and a nice crumpler slingbag. :D :p

Qing dE

LOL because it's big, spacious, padded and not a camera bag.
and because i'm a biker, i don't have to buy 2 separate waterproof bags :bsmilie: