My mom says...

Status
Not open for further replies.
im not a pro...far from being one. but i do enjoy photography and do shoot on request sometimes. to me, money is just one benefit from photography. there are many other things i can derive from photography that are completely non-tangible. i feel happy when i shoot kids, inspired when i shoot certain events, and perhaps most of all, i just enjoy being there to capture the moments.

so if you feel that you would like to shoot, then do it :)

Del_CtrlnoAlt said:
quite an interesting viewpoint... seriously worth arguing about... hehe...

She ask me to shoot for some events at her temple, so i say, if i have time then i go, and also must see mood, besides that, i am not into any religion, i am free thinker as of now...

Then she said 1 thing... which sparkle a thought... cos i was showing her my super rotator, then she say, Dun waste your equipment & skills, you should help us shoot lor... (note should) dun waste your talent...

so i wonder... should i or should i not... hehe...

i mean, if you got the skills, u got the time, should u shoot or should u not... i mean, i'm not earning a living for this, i got plenty of stuff, but underutilised, and instead of just lazing around, then let my equipment rot, should i go shoot for charity or something?
Got time, still ok. Depend on urself.
No time, forget abt it.

I've got relatives who's been asking me abt my rates and tried to pull strings by using things like 'relatives' and stuff like that. No way in hell am I shooting FOC or for raw material cost. If I say $1K for ur wedding, still wanna bargain, go ahead and bargain loh. I'll up it to $10K. :)

dun think so much, ask your heart :embrass:

i shoot what i love, follow my heart & passion. =)

i dunno what other thinks but its your own mummy asking for help eh..
if its me i bo eng also will do.. :bsmilie:

jia you :thumbsup:

Do it with your heart and because you want to do it........no use to go there shooting halfheartedly. And your mother is right about you having equipment lying there for 'nothing'.

And the effects of your karma depends on your own actions, not on Buddha........:)

Reap what you sow as they say........

Hong Sien

Voluteer photographers to help in shooting events held in temple (DCA's mum contact)

pros:
#1, build network with buddha
#2, for good karma
#3, build portfolio
#4, got chio bu (maybe)

con:
#1, no money

date & time: impromptu

those who interested can put your name down here,
==============================================

catchlights said:
Voluteer photographers to help in shooting DCA mum's temple.

pros:
#2, for good karma
#3, build portfolio
#4, got chio bu

con:
#1, no money

actually hor, my mom not a nun lah... so not her temple... haha... somewhere along the line, i scared ppl think i am monk...

its she eng eng cheng cheng go help out temple, then the temple need photographers...

Del_CtrlnoAlt said:
actually hor, my mom not a nun lah... so not her temple... haha... somewhere along the line, i scared ppl think i am monk...

its she eng eng cheng cheng go help out temple, then the temple need photographers...
edited my post liao.

my mentality is...

if on the event day there's nothing to do, in other words.. eng.., i would prob go shoot...

anyway, is the date with Buddha official? :p

iceberg said:
my mentality is...

if on the event day there's nothing to do, in other words.. eng.., i would prob go shoot...

anyway, is the date with Buddha official? :p

dunno wor, me not buddhist...

but then again, if i do, buddha karma nice nice with me, but then i got bad karma with CSers lor, they will accuse me of doing free labour, i scared... cos i think i can live to 80 years old, so i think about buddha karma later, else i won't live for the next 50 years in peace... :bsmilie:

Del_CtrlnoAlt said:
dunno wor, me not buddhist...

but then again, if i do, buddha karma nice nice with me, but then i got bad karma with CSers lor, they will accuse me of doing free labour, i scared... cos i think i can live to 80 years old, so i think about buddha karma later, else i won't live for the next 50 years in peace... :bsmilie:

Bad Karma with CSers will not shorten your life.

It will guarantee that you will always shoot alone with no one to talk to. :bsmilie:

Sion said:
Bad Karma with CSers will not shorten your life.

It will guarantee that you will always shoot alone with no one to talk to. :bsmilie:

aka shoot yourself. :bsmilie: :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

catchlights said:
Voluteer photographers to help in shooting events held in temple (DCA's mum contact)

pros:
#2, for good karma
#3, build portfolio
#4, got chio bu (maybe)

con:
#1, no money

if got #4, I want to shoot :embrass:

Paul_Yeo said:
if got #4, I want to shoot :embrass:

pros:
#2, for good karma
#3, build portfolio
#4, got chio bu (maybe)

con:
#1, no money

1. Paul_Yeo

Status