My Manfrotto Tripod Broke!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

dts_spawn

Jun 24, 2005
I just bought a sec hand manfrotto tripod, 714B. Used only for a few times and one of the leg lock broke. Any way i or some shop can repair it? I've tried super glue, but doesn't seem to work. please help...... the tripod not cheap for a poor little student like me. :cry:

dts_spawn said:
I just bought a sec hand manfrotto tripod, 714B. Used only for a few times and one of the leg lock broke. Any way i or some shop can repair it? I've tried super glue, but doesn't seem to work. please help...... the tripod not cheap for a poor little student like me. :cry:

broken? i think for that piece just get a new one. just curious, how did you break it?

dts_spawn said:
Here's the contacts of Manfrotto local agent, you can write a long sad story to tell them about what happen to you tripod, see what can they offer you.

Hope this help.

Jebsen & Jessen Marketing (Singapore) Pte Ltd
Main : +65-6796 7300 DID : +65-6796 7303 Fax : +65-6265 1191
Email : eric_lim@jjsea.com Website : http://www.jjsea.com

Here's a picture
P1040001.jpg

Here's my sob story, i arrived at labrador park and opening up my tripod. So, i lifted the leg lock, extent the legs, and close the lock. Then, *PIAK* the thing broke alone with my heart. Anybody exprienced this before?

dts_spawn said:
Here's a picture

Here's my sob story, i arrived at labrador park and opening up my tripod. So, i lifted the leg lock, extent the legs, and close the lock. Then, *PIAK* the thing broke alone with my heart. Anybody exprienced this before?
Your tripod are rather modern, so parts should be still available, write to agent to make inquiry.

dts_spawn said:
Here's a picture

doesn't look and sound normal :bigeyes:

you sure there was no mishandling before that fateful break?

I've just writen to them, but the deliver system say "User eric_lim (eric_lim@jjsea.com) not listed in public Name & Address Book (
Subject: Delivery Failure User name was not recognized as our company
employee. Please check the addresses and resend your message. )
"

Is it possible to just replace the leg lock?

And another thing, first time doing this so will this do?

"Hi,

I just bought a Manfrotto tripod, 714B. Used only for a few times and one of the leg lock broke. This is my first Manfrotto tripod and I bought it for the quality it promises. The broken leg lock left me disappointed. Is there a way to get repacement locks or repair the current one? I have attached a picture for better understanding of the situation.
"

dts_spawn said:
I've just writen to them, but the deliver system say "User eric_lim (eric_lim@jjsea.com) not listed in public Name & Address Book (
Subject: Delivery Failure User name was not recognized as our company
employee. Please check the addresses and resend your message. )
"

Is it possible to just replace the leg lock?

Guess, he must have left the company liao.
try this
emackerel@jjsea.com

Got it from
http://www.jjsea.com/jjsea/corp.nsf/0/3C6E7F8E7D2D7DF348256ACC0018AB84?OpenDocument

that mean its time to get a NEW tripod loh...

:bsmilie:

dts_spawn said:

if it is convenient to reveal
may we know where or from whom you bought this 2nd hand tripod?
and for what price?

so you student in sec school, pre-u, jc, poly or U ?

ricohflex said:
if it is convenient to reveal
may we know where or from whom you bought this 2nd hand tripod?
and for what price?

so you student in sec school, pre-u, jc, poly or U ?

Now you sound like a cyber-stalker. :eek:

Also would be unfair to the seller, might not be his/her fault too.

Bought from yahoo auction. Don't know if it's his fault or not. I just open, then close it. THEN......................................................... :cry:

I in JC btw.

i am sure it can be replaced...last time my manfrotto was using screw lock, and some pple actually change all the screw lock to clip lock. If i am not wrong, shops like AP and John 3:16 should have the parts available. cant remember the price, but it is definitely affordable

Wai said:
i am sure it can be replaced...last time my manfrotto was using screw lock, and some pple actually change all the screw lock to clip lock. If i am not wrong, shops like AP and John 3:16 should have the parts available. cant remember the price, but it is definitely affordable

This has been the best news so far. Where is john 3:16 and which AP you refering to? Would cathay be able to do it?

Poon said:
Now you sound like a cyber-stalker. :eek:

Also would be unfair to the seller, might not be his/her fault too.

what's a cyber stalker? (edit > oh, did internet search... got it.
nowadays, who bothers to do that on internet?
stalkers rush into Bintan and Batam every weekend and public holiday for that purpose. no need for internet liao...)

Figuring out whether seller took advantage of original poster of message by selling piece of junk with a defect which he never mentioned. If OP was U undergrad should be quite mature and discerning already & should be able to spot. But if sec student, then I think seller is too much and conning a kiddo who does not know much about photo equipment yet.

I still don't know much about photo equipment.......................................................................... :embrass:
But i think i'll go to a few shops to ask about the repair.

Status
Not open for further replies.