My life and loved ones are threatened; need CCTV advice urgently ...

Adam Goi

ClubSNAP Idol
Staff member
Hi to all, need advice.
To safe-guard our safety, I'm planning to install a CCTV.

My requirements are:
1. Wide angle
2. Good clarity day and especially night
3. Allow me to stream so that EVERYONE, including myself can be reminded how ridiculous the system is.

Or if you have a good contact which you can trust and won't rip me off, do let me know.
Much appreciated!

Last edited:
1: you need a software to capture, you can use xsplit, which is free.
2: for streaming site, you can use justin TV, you can stream 24/7 for free. no need to engage professional.
3: for camera, i can't recommend.
let me know if you have problem setting it up, i can cycle to your house and help..for free of course.

Last edited:
my friend do that, can help to purchase, install soft/hardware
interested u pm me for his contact :)

My shop installed a CCTV recording system with 4 cameras, bought from Sim Lim (either 2nd or 3'rd floor backlane) including installation(the details I am not too sure, my partner purchased it)...it comes with a Harddisk drive recorder that good enought to record many weeks foottage......depending on resoltution and frame rate you select.....it connects to internet so that we can login from our phone to view the real time.....the key thing is to get a Certis certified camera to give you good video quality....all these is less than $2k if I am not wrong

Better to hire a bodyguard... CCTV cannot save you.

CCTVs just capture the footage.

If they are daring, a cctv can't protect you against harm, unless u mount an RPG with motion sensors.

We know you love the neighborhood, but do consider the safety of your family as well. It's more important than a personal crusade

i don't see how the jalan suka incident was even a personal crusade.

this is one of the things that is obviously illegal. it is very telling when little is being done.

my suggestion is perhaps temporarily move out of there first, while still keeping tabs on what is going on there. perhaps a rental flat somewhere else/hostel. i don't see anything wrong with what you are doing adam. just take care while you try to change things.

Last edited:
Adam Goi said:
Hi to all, need advice.

My requirements are:
1. Wide angle
3. Allow me to stream so that EVERYONE, including myself can be reminded how ridiculous the system is.

Or if you have a good contact which you can trust and won't rip me off, do let me know.
Much appreciated!

Why not tell us why u felt that Yr family had been threatened?

How many points do you want to install?

Sim lim has a few shops selling all these. Best is u take a walk ard the shops and learn what can the systems offer and price comparison.

These days, with advanced tech, the CCTV systems come in all sort of configurations. Too many to discuss here.

I'm sure couple of CSers can offer to install for you.

You can contact Cisco security they can install CCTV at very reasonable prices. I work with them before.. If u need contact please pm me

Start carrying? and don't look intimidated. You have a god given right to fight for your home.

Hi to all, need advice.

My requirements are:
1. Wide angle

Much appreciated!

CCTV is usually used for monitoring. Webcast or video streaming is for sharing to EVERYONE. You have to be specific which is your purpose.
I read your requirement as more towards sharing.
Feeling threatened and being threatened is different. If you're threatened, CCTV won't save you.

You're still young and naive

mm. you might need to relook and stop looking down on others a little eh? too condescending aren't you. perhaps you might want to quit dismissing people's views so easily. just because they don't fit what you know, doesn't mean it don't exist. try putting yourself into their shoes once in a while.

Last edited:
To a lesser extent, when a crime lord has already promised his loyal henchman that his family will be looked after; and that he will be richly rewarded when he comes out of prison,

dude, you watched too much movies.

Last edited:
tbh, i'm not sure if the pimps are willing to escalate the situation with violence.
their presence is being tolerated to a certain extent by the authorities and should they cross the red line (to quote a certain bibi nethanyahu) they might get a good whacking from the authorities.

or the batman.

dude, you watched too much movies.

i think so too. usually those ex cons i talk to say they come out of prison dunno where everyone go, or they cannot remember them. lol.

Start carrying? and don't look intimidated. You have a god given right to fight for your home.

In the US you can do that due to the Second Amendment; over here you may, subjected that your pockets are deep and the local authorities are not in a position to protect you. There are individuals who's carrying but not for the "lesser mortals" notoriously and immortalised by Charles Chong's press statement.

CCTV recording to the law is only evidence admissible; if the threat level is high suggest you find alternatives solutions.

Hi Adam,

Sorry to hear about your case.
Anyway, if you want, I can recommend you my car camera which can be powered by a battery pack.
As Featured in Digital Life, The Straits Time 30/05/2012: Itronics ITB 100HD with Inbuilt GPS / 144 degree viewing angle / h264 compressed video! / Quick SD card Format Button / Night Vision Mode

Thanks for helping me to understand what I really want; yes I'll need to record it as well as streaming it live.

bro, i just this online deal. I think this is what you are looking for. But i'm not sure of the quality hor.

Image Sensor: 1/4" Color CMOS Sensor
Display Resolution: 640 x 480 Pixels(300k Pixels)
Lens: f: 6 mm, F:2.0 (IR Lens), (3.6mm lens optional)
Mini. Illumination: 0.5Lux
Lens Type: Glass Lens
Viewing Angle: 60 Degree, (3.6m lens is 90Degree)

http://www.honeybay.com/deal/view?url=ApexisWirelessCamera/[url

Last edited:
while you install the real cctv cameras , it does not hurt installing a few fake ones too for the added effect

my uncle installed one of those half sphere dark glass thingys meant to house cctvs .... without the cctv.... works like a charm