My Laptop LCD is so dark.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Klause

Jan 17, 2002
Bedok
Visit site
My laptop LCD is so dark I cannot see what is on it(have some image on it but super dark). For the past week, the light has been flickering occassionally. Heard from friend that this is a common problem where the Light shining on the LCD is dead( A computer component rather than the LCD itself ). Anyone heard of this problem?

Yup, u need to replace the fluorescent lamp inside.

Its long and thin, but most likely cannot find fixed replacements. Ask ur laptop manufacturer.

it under warrenty, but how long does it take for such a replacement? I need my laptop back urgently :(

I heard that it might be a small component inside that is causing a problem.

Originally posted by Klause
it under warrenty, but how long does it take for such a replacement? I need my laptop back urgently :(

I heard that it might be a small component inside that is causing a problem.

u mentioned that it is dead...but if already dead, u won't be able to see anything already

probably is some loose soldering joints? u tried moving the LCD around, will it flicker?? if the LCD still ficker even u did not move it, which means the backlit is dying soon...

will such things happen to digicams also? then how? entire cam gone?

You still can see the LCD image when in bright daylight. It's just that the screen is very very very very dark. Just called my friend who got this problem, they sell it's an invertor or something that is dead. Can be replaced @ 35$ even if you dun haf warrenty.

Weird... :p

Status
Not open for further replies.