my korea trip pictures.

Status
Not open for further replies.
No much an expert. But i liike your photos! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

the sky so blue.... did u use a polariser? or is the sky there realli so nice?

polariser lah. but the sky is very blue but it overexpose too easily without the polariser. First time using a polarisor and I found out it did not work very well at 14mm due to the variation in the sky color.

Most of it is just snapshots. I took like around 500 photos and only like 22 is ok :) I wonder do people actually like take more than 10mins to compose and wait for a shot? On my tour, no time to walk around the subject and look for angles. except at yongpyong which I had 2 hours to shoot on top of the gondola.

I did not take much shots of korean life actually. I still quite shy at pointing my big E1 at the locals... how do you guys do it? There were quite a lot of interesting scenes which I missed.

wind30 said:
polariser lah. but the sky is very blue but it overexpose too easily without the polariser. First time using a polarisor and I found out it did not work very well at 14mm due to the variation in the sky color.

Most of it is just snapshots. I took like around 500 photos and only like 22 is ok :) I wonder do people actually like take more than 10mins to compose and wait for a shot? On my tour, no time to walk around the subject and look for angles. except at yongpyong which I had 2 hours to shoot on top of the gondola.

I did not take much shots of korean life actually. I still quite shy at pointing my big E1 at the locals... how do you guys do it? There were quite a lot of interesting scenes which I missed.

Wind30. Nice pics. I like most of them. Did u manage to lug the 50-200mm for the trip?

yup but I left the tripod collar in the luggage all the time. My entire setup, E1 + 14-54 + 50-200 + FL36 on a sling bag was ok. When my shoulder needs a little rest I just carry the bag by hand. All in all quite a comfortable weight.

Really liked the 50-200mm lens. One of the big reason why I bought oly. The 70-200 f2.8 is so heavy for C/N. The 50-200mm is quite a good portrait lens and I used it more than my 14-54mm for portraits. At 80-100mm wide open, it is quite good, IMHO. but got to stand quite far back :)

Nice pictures, thanks for sharing...

cheers!

Nice pics. I like the scenery. Thanks for sharing. :thumbsup:

Nice pics u got there !

I didnt lug my gear along during my trip there 3 years ago cos i was travelling with my
parents....i regretted until now :cry:

however, my E-1 and just 14-54 was with me for my Japan trip last year....it was
so care-free to travel alone, so many things to see and shoot....if anyone is interested,
my pics can be found here : http://photobucket.com/albums/y108/jolee689689/Japan Trip - 26 Mar 05 to 05 Apr 05/

wah so many people tompang my thread :)

nice Japan pictures. You went in Spring? Kyoto/osaka area? I am thinking of a trip to Japan during spring. any recommendations for accomodations? Cheap and got nice things too shoot :)

wind30 said:
wah so many people tompang my thread :)

nice Japan pictures. You went in Spring? Kyoto/osaka area? I am thinking of a trip to Japan during spring. any recommendations for accomodations? Cheap and got nice things too shoot :)
den i tompang oso! haha

here're my pics i took in frankfurt few days ago when i stopped over at the airport. all taken in existing light at iso1600 and 3200. really dim lor.

nice korea and japan pics btw! must add some non-asian countries lah.

wind30: i like pic #12. ernie has some good pts on tt thread.

cookiez: your pics makes me want to go to japan now!

Status
Not open for further replies.