my helicoptor snapshot

Status
Not open for further replies.
my simple shot :p~

697ed217.jpg

To put it simply, the only time you'll see Singapore AH-64Ds in action against jet aircraft is when our country is already on the verge of being completely taken over. I don't think any of our generals really think 8 Apaches will do nuts against just about any real threat in Asia, not when Malaysia has MiG-29s and is thinking of getting SU-30MKMs. Not when our fleet consists second hand 70s-era planes like the F-5, F-16, and even the F-15. The purchases of all these American aircraft is very much more of a 'you rub my back and I'll rub yours' sort of deal, in my opinion. We pump some money into the American aeronautical industry so we can count on them if we're attacked.

EDIT: Did I mention Malaysia's F-18D Hornet? LOL

Well, these Apaches are tank killers... not aircraft hunters... And if you did read up on Jane's, you'd know that 70 - 80% of their Migs are sitting on the ground due to lack of spares to retrofit the birds.

A working F5 will make short work of a defective Mig 29... :bsmilie: And even our F16's had upgrades...

Good shots..... I like them..

actually... i think the rotars are opposite direction ? :think:

yup.. the Chinook is a tandem rotor helicopter and the 2 blades rotate towards each other to negate counter torque. And since there are 2 rotors, the lift is much better...

Note that there is no tail rotor to control the yaw. Thus rudder controls is actully more sluggish.

You feel mission impossible when u running out from Chinook beneath. haha.. the rotatry is damn powerful.. and yes.. the rotary rotate toward each other ;)

Saw it in some documentary that the Apache is able to go into 'silent mode' when it is tank hunting. Can anyone comment on this capability?

Status
Not open for further replies.