my guitar

Status
Not open for further replies.

spacepet

Oct 10, 2007
hi everyone, im new in photography... and hope you guys can give some inputs, critique my photo. i took this shot with my nikon d80 with lens 18-70mm, at F5, 6 sec, iso 160. just want to try still life, my guitar as my subject.
i just want to say re the photo is that: its not how expensive or how popular a brand of instrument is.. if theres a missing piece, the musician completes it...and its the musician that makes beautiful melodies.
tnx:)

my_guitar_320_x_240_.jpg

yamaha?
and you are missing a string.

for a nice guitar picture, you can try adjusting various light sources to ensure the top gets a nicer warmer feel to it

how did you know its yamaha? your good! tnx psychobiologist for the inputs.:bsmilie:

@lastboltnut
tnx, u have a point there. hmm... il try it next time.:think:

.. if theres a missing piece, the musician completes it...and its the musician that makes beautiful melodies.

Yeah, you'd need a D4 silver plated cad bronze wound from Adamas! :thumbsup:
Very mellow and warm... always has a soft spot for guitars! :lovegrin:

@six-Ghz,

d4 adamas is a very good suggetion indeed, i think i better buy that d4...
i didn't know theres so many musicians who loves photography as well...
thanks for ur comment six-Ghz, appreciate it very much.:)

btw how did you get your guitar to stay in that position... or did you shoot it face down?

@psychobiologist

well, i placed the guitar with the neck of the guitar suppoted by a stand. i placed it above my office table and worked out several composition and shots.
tnx
my turn to ask you a question? :think:

how did u know its a yamaha? it could've been another brand of classical guitar?
it really amazed me how you figure out its a yamaha. are you a musician?

tnx

@psychobiologist

well, i placed the guitar with the neck of the guitar suppoted by a stand. i placed it above my office table and worked out several composition and shots.
tnx
my turn to ask you a question? :think:

how did u know its a yamaha? it could've been another brand of classical guitar?
it really amazed me how you figure out its a yamaha. are you a musician?

tnx

hmm thats quite interesting cuz its not easy to hold the guitar in that position unless its on a wall or something :p

i can tell yamahas both from the sound and from a look ;p played one for almost ten years. bought a spanish guitar recently for a different feel and tone. yamahas made in taiwan has a different rosette/bridge plate as compared to the japanese ones :p however very limited instruments are made in japan these days

@psychobiologist
wow, ur really good with guitars... i used to have a spanish guitar also... i think its ALVAREZ guitar. do u play guitar as a profession? 10 years is a lot of experience there. hope u can post pics of ur spanish guitar? have u tried playing with a 10 string classical guitar?:)

very nice feeling

@rambutan
tnx for ur nice comment.

@psychobiologist
wow, ur really good with guitars... i used to have a spanish guitar also... i think its ALVAREZ guitar. do u play guitar as a profession? 10 years is a lot of experience there. hope u can post pics of ur spanish guitar? have u tried playing with a 10 string classical guitar?:)

nah i'm just ok with guitars.. not an expert.. there will be a lot more other expert players here.. just an old hobby

i play primarily stuff from albeniz/tarrega

alvarez yairi guitars? good instruments.

havent tried a ten-string yet, although i used to listen to some recordings by narcisso yepes, the ten string has an extended dynamic range but of course will be more technically challenging. i used to play the contrabass classical when i was in a nibori guitar club in sch, occasionally playing the bass or the guitarron though.

had some pictures of my new toy here
http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthread.php?t=295220

i think most people dont understand why guitarists buy new instruments when they already have a good old one. its just the different feel, the different experience, and the ability of a new instrument that makes one pick up learning music again

nah i'm just ok with guitars.. not an expert.. there will be a lot more other expert players here.. just an old hobby

i play primarily stuff from albeniz/tarrega

alvarez yairi guitars? good instruments.

havent tried a ten-string yet, although i used to listen to some recordings by narcisso yepes, the ten string has an extended dynamic range but of course will be more technically challenging. i used to play the contrabass classical when i was in a nibori guitar club in sch, occasionally playing the bass or the guitarron though.

had some pictures of my new toy here
http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthread.php?t=295220

i think most people dont understand why guitarists buy new instruments when they already have a good old one. its just the different feel, the different experience, and the ability of a new instrument that makes one pick up learning music again

i agree with you all the way... but i have to say this... ur shots with ur new toy is very nice... awesome close up with the strings... nice composition, i havent seen good shots/ photo of the bridge and machine heads so far.... i like the photo of the nut, ivory nut?
well, just like my wife used to say... guitarists have only two hands to play one guitar yet they have more and still investing on it.;)

I love guitars and her music.
I love your beautifully taken shot and its' mood. :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:
It projects that higher class of a classical guitar and not just strum and sing at the beach.

The strings seem not perfectly perpendicular to the bridge or does it look purposefully tilted.

In still life and in art, my personal taste would be that angled shot should be obvious, either perfectly straight or obviously slant.

Off topic, I've got a Yamaha handcrafted guitar, too, it's GC-7.
It was made in Sep 1987 in Taiwan, and I own it since Dec 1987 I think.
But my net playing and practicing time possibly less than 5 years, It's been collecting dust since many years ago.

I'll preferred wood-made instruments to be made in countries where drying and manufacturing processes are done in a humidity and temperature close to that of ours.

It would prevent cracking or warping of the wood and loosening of joints.

After seeing your shot, it encourages me to take out my guitar and shoot some myself.

Thanks. :)

I love guitars and her music.
I love your beautifully taken shot and its' mood. :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:
It projects that higher class of a classical guitar and not just strum and sing at the beach.

The strings seem not perfectly perpendicular to the bridge or does it look purposefully tilted.

In still life and in art, my personal taste would be that angled shot should be obvious, either perfectly straight or obviously slant.

Off topic, I've got a Yamaha handcrafted guitar, too, it's GC-7.
It was made in Sep 1987 in Taiwan, and I own it since Dec 1987 I think.
But my net playing and practicing time possibly less than 5 years, It's been collecting dust since many years ago.

I'll preferred wood-made instruments to be made in countries where drying and manufacturing processes are done in a humidity and temperature close to that of ours.

It would prevent cracking or warping of the wood and loosening of joints.

After seeing your shot, it encourages me to take out my guitar and shoot some myself.

Thanks. :)

@rafael

tnx for your comments re my guitar... cant wait to see the pix of ur guitar here...i agree with you about the manufacturing process of guitars... im actually surprised how old woods of guitars play so much beautiful and rich than with the same wood used these days....hmmm... what do u think? well... i bet your guitar will be in action now...
tnx rafael;)

In my knowledge, generally wood-made musical instruments will sound (in time) according to your style of playing, if you play rough music (most of the time) it will sound rough and 'errr', on the other hand, if you play romantic music gently, it will sound rich and sweet.

More often than not, cheaper priced guitar can sound very good eventually (after years of playing it WELL intensively) than those of more expensive ones but played less often, like mine :bsmilie:.

It's just like a wife, the more you cuddle and love her, and she will be more responsive positively. :bsmilie::bsmilie::sweatsm::bsmilie:

No guitars of the same wood from the same tree are the same, just like left arm is different from the right from the same person.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.