My Gf-Potraiture trial


Status
Not open for further replies.

metals99

New Member
Jan 23, 2004
464
0
0
35
West Singapore
Hi to all pictures of my gf being my model.. hehe :p anyway using film canon eos88 and lenses are Tamron 19-35mm and also 50 f1.8 on the close ups..
Please give constructive comments.. :think:

http://www.pbase.com/hazkim/gf

sorry for the noise on pics as all are scanned..

awaiting for my 300D

Sorry to everyone- here it is only the link.. click thanks
 

Robin

Member
Mar 5, 2004
645
0
16
Tanah Merah
You have to check your links.....cause cannot see anything....
 

LiOnElLiN

Senior Member
Apr 18, 2004
818
0
16
www.zelesjen.com
flash mostly too harsh...
if not for the flash, i'd probably like the first picture
 

Witness

Senior Member
Mar 18, 2004
6,942
0
36
36
www.maverickatwork.com
should use some reflectors....anyway u scanned them yaself....looks bad....

but i tink the compositions are good..
 

metals99

New Member
Jan 23, 2004
464
0
0
35
West Singapore
hope u all can see it now...

sorry to all ok i put the link so its there.. thanks

metals99
 

yamcake

Senior Member
Aug 11, 2003
988
0
16
34
i find that its quite okay.. just that you should also try different angle too.. not just the side face... how about some wide angle shots too?
 

metals99

New Member
Jan 23, 2004
464
0
0
35
West Singapore
yamcake said:
i find that its quite okay.. just that you should also try different angle too.. not just the side face... how about some wide angle shots too?

actually yamcake i have more pictures..u see i shoot it on film.. but just having trouble scanning them.. anyway today i just purchased the 300D quiet delighted.. hehe
 

benchuatl

New Member
Apr 14, 2004
49
0
0
South
metals99 said:
actually yamcake i have more pictures..u see i shoot it on film.. but just having trouble scanning them.. anyway today i just purchased the 300D quiet delighted.. hehe
You should get the developer to reduce it into Digital and pose it then...

:lovegrin:
 

sehsuan

Deregistered
Dec 12, 2002
6,598
0
0
41
Singapore
www.sportsshooter.com
here goes (from a non-portrait shooter)

1st. neutral :)
2nd. probably too close. face looks... somewhat distorted. back off a little, need not frame so tight. i know you :heart: her... :bsmilie:
3rd. suggestion only. in the same position, ask her to look up into the lens. interesting effect ;)
4th composition looks somewhat odd. is the flower, or her the "lead actor"?
5th. um. her hair isn't the thickest there.

i've noticed that all the shots are of her right side. she's like mariah carey? :D
 

metals99

New Member
Jan 23, 2004
464
0
0
35
West Singapore
sehsuan said:
here goes (from a non-portrait shooter)

1st. neutral :)
2nd. probably too close. face looks... somewhat distorted. back off a little, need not frame so tight. i know you :heart: her... :bsmilie:
3rd. suggestion only. in the same position, ask her to look up into the lens. interesting effect ;)
4th composition looks somewhat odd. is the flower, or her the "lead actor"?
5th. um. her hair isn't the thickest there.

i've noticed that all the shots are of her right side. she's like mariah carey? :D

hahaha sehsuan thanks for the nice comments i appreciate still learning would try to improve hehe.. anyway in "pic 5" she trim her hair real real super short i think even shorter than mine as a guy hahah..

thanks all for the comments would try to improve and ofcourse shoot more..
 

metals99

New Member
Jan 23, 2004
464
0
0
35
West Singapore
sehsuan said:
no problem. just trying to help. but of course, remember ah, i'm NOT a portraiture shooter :embrass:
well i am not really a potraiture shooter too hehe ;p just trying out but ofcourse i would shoot more.. maybe read up potraiture books.. find more poses and learn more lighting techniques.. :D
 

Status
Not open for further replies.