my gf can hand hold better than me :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Isaiahfortythirtyone

Jul 17, 2005
Clementi
wah super paiseh. lent my gf my 350D with EF35-70 lens. and she can handhold 1/4 and 1/5. :bigeyes: and she's not even a photographer, and never used DSLR before.

when i go down to 1/8 im struggling already.

bleahhhh paisehhhh :bsmilie:

Isaiahfortythirtyone said:
wah super paiseh. lent my gf my 350D with EF35-70 lens. and she can handhold 1/4 and 1/5. :bigeyes: and she's not even a photographer, and never used DSLR before.

told u not to pump too much liao... see lah... :bsmilie: :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

drop it down 20!

1/8... with 18mm ar..... the best i can manage is like 1/30 lo..... sad right..

Believe it or not? I had tried to take pics with handheld speed of 1 sec wif my Leica M6 and still come out well.
Keke..;)

fret not ... u r not alone ... <speaking from experience>

It all depends on how long you hold your camera before you actually shoot. Even if your camera is light and you know how to hold your breath and hold your camera with the best technique. Sometime it is about your own body. I think there is a name for this can't recall it now.

I have this particular NS police reservist friend, he always fail his pistol shooting as he can not hold his gun firmly for long. And this is with both hands. He would start off with hold the gun at shoulder level, lock both elbow with the gun outright infront of him. The gun is cupped like what you see on TV. In less then 5 seconds, his hands starts to shake...then lose control of aiming as his hands starts shaking so badly that he has to relax and bring the gun back down with arms relax or risk the gun aiming all over the place if he continues with it. He is not nervous or anything but it is something to do with is muscle or nervous system. You might think it has to do with a heavy .38 gun? No. When he holds up even a piece of paper when he does roll call...again..when you holds it up...his hand would start to shake and you can see it gets pretty bad as the paper he holds starts to shake as well. Most of us would only experience this shake if we carry a very heavy weight repeately and as we tired we shake under the strain. Not sure if there is a way around it but he is pretty use to it. What I know it can range from very minor shaking to like what my friend had to something pretty bad.

Not saying that you have this but just something to share. Personally I that is why I like heavy cameras. I find that I get some slight shake in my pictures when I am using my P&S camera previously. but when I was using my F4 or F5...I love the solid heavy weight. Can hold it and shoot at half a second and it is still pretty good with a 50mm lens...but can't with a 85mm or long. Incidently, I find that shooting with wide lens will be more forgiving at slow speed as oppose to shooting with a telephoto at slow speed. Some people "think" they can shoot pretty sharp at slow speed (handheld) but they also need to consider if they were using wide lens or long telephoto lens. That will make a difference too.

XXX Boy said:
Believe it or not? I had tried to take pics with handheld speed of 1 sec wif my Leica M6 and still come out well.
Keke..;)

Just curious, how big were you looking at your slides/negatives?

is she signed on in the army as a sniper?

the camera is probably too small for your grip, even i can't get a proper grip of that camera without the battery grip

You need to drink more milk.:bsmilie:

Status
Not open for further replies.