My FZ10 Conked Out on Me!

Status
Not open for further replies.

malamute72

Aug 12, 2003
Sengkang
Visit site
It is a sad day... after using my beloved FZ10 was used for less than 6 months, the camera went conked out on me... despite that I have really taken good care of it... in fact, it was sitting in the dry box longer than it was being used! :dunno:
I have sent my FZ10 to Pana S'pore for servicing and repair, and it was diagnosed to be the failure of the internal PCB board. I was overwhelmed when I hear that and I have doubts over the reliability of the camera now...
The camera has been in the market for only around 6 months, and I really cannot understand how and why an internal component of the camera can fail within a few months. :cry:

I have always been a proud owner of my FZ10, and I have always recommended it to people. But now I feel let down and disappointed, like I am being betrayed. :(

at least your camera died on you while it is still covered under warranty. You'll get it replaced free of charge, do you not?

malamute72 said:
It is a sad day... after using my beloved FZ10 was used for less than 6 months, the camera went conked out on me... despite that I have really taken good care of it... in fact, it was sitting in the dry box longer than it was being used! :dunno:
I have sent my FZ10 to Pana S'pore for servicing and repair, and it was diagnosed to be the failure of the internal PCB board. I was overwhelmed when I hear that and I have doubts over the reliability of the camera now...
The camera has been in the market for only around 6 months, and I really cannot understand how and why an internal component of the camera can fail within a few months. :cry:

I have always been a proud owner of my FZ10, and I have always recommended it to people. But now I feel let down and disappointed, like I am being betrayed. :(

Sad to hear that.

Hope you get your unit repair soon. :)

malamute72 said:

Don't be too upset about it, afterall, it is the electronic part that fail, not the lense, nor the CCD.

No one as of today can guarantee that your electronic component fails, no matter how well you take care of it. However, it is more important that the mechanical parts do not fail you.

Hey guys, thanks very much for your concern & comments. :)

Thanks to the guys at Panasonic Singapore, my FZ10 have been revived! :D
I must say that I am very impressed with the after sales service of Panasonic Singapore - a bunch of very professional people. ;)

I guess I will be a proud user of my Panasonic FZ10 again! Yeah! :D

malamute72 said:
Hey guys, thanks very much for your concern & comments. :)

Thanks to the guys at Panasonic Singapore, my FZ10 have been revived! :D
I must say that I am very impressed with the after sales service of Panasonic Singapore - a bunch of very professional people. ;)

I guess I will be a proud user of my Panasonic FZ10 again! Yeah! :D

Professional my ass!

They took almost 2 week to repair my FZ10.
They told me that the wire for the hotshoe fell off.
Can you believe that?
2 weeks to come to a verdit of the falling hotshoe wire?

Great to hear that your FZ10 (of fluzie as it is affectionately known as in dpreview) is fine and dnady you arctic dog!

Yes, Panasonic Singapore has some problems with their services, but at least they're not arragont or high-handed when it comes to dealing with their customers. Believe me, I have my own bones to grind with them...

Well, I have to take back my previous complements and agree with coldman & Feinwerkbau on the services of the Pana Sing. You know what, my FZ10 went conked again after a few days back from them. It is the same old problem again, & I am really sad about it... :(

As my FZ10 was brought in HK & not in S'pore, it is not covered under local warranty & Pana Sing quoted me about $300+ to replace the PCB board for the camera. Personally, I think that the amount is a bit high because:

1. For $300+, all I need is to top up abit and I can go for a short trip to HK and enjoy myself (at least 3 days/2 nites) and have the camera repaired by Pana HK for free because it is covered under their warranty.

2. The camera is introduced only 6~7 months in the market, & having a internal failure of that sort is really not acceptable. & because of that, I have to bear the cost for the unreliablity of their products despite that they are new products.

Anyway, it's no point bitching about the problems anymore because it is not going to bring my camera back. I guess I will have to be more careful next time when buying electronics, especially Pana. Sigh... :(

haha..can understand the anger u all faced..seems like everywhere is the same...the after sales support is damn poor

Like buying life insurance...lots of inverstigation,queries before they willing to compensate u

Heard of a 2 weeks old equipment that went for service for 2 months and after it had been serviced, the equipment was claimed to return back to the shop but was MIA????

I just find that being a consumer in SG is not so-lucky. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.