My Friend send me an intresting thread... Old bus in sg...

Status
Not open for further replies.
clarinet said:
http://www.singaporebikes.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=107372
Wonder how many ppl remember those day where sg bus is non cir-con;)

almost brings a tear to my eyes....sigh.....all those memories......and all the different version of the word "go ahead" when the bus conductor shouts to tell the bus driver to move off?

Bus Conductor? how many of us knows this term anymore?

Nikonnew said:
almost brings a tear to my eyes....sigh.....all those memories......and all the different version of the word "go ahead" when the bus conductor shouts to tell the bus driver to move off?

Bus Conductor? how many of us knows this term anymore?

during my time, no conductor le.. but no transitlink card too... :think: hmm.. but i'm not old hor :bsmilie:

Wah is that Toa Payoh interchange? :heart: Remembered that place well although i dun stay near there. Used to go there with my mom. :heart:

Those buses...oooo i likes. Esp those colour full tickets! And manuel gear! :bsmilie: When the door opens/close, it goes 'psssssst!'

afbug said:
Wah is that Toa Payoh interchange? :heart: Remembered that place well although i dun stay near there. Used to go there with my mom. :heart:

Those buses...oooo i likes. Esp those colour full tickets! And manuel gear! :bsmilie: When the door opens/close, it goes 'psssssst!'

Yap, it was the last time the Toa Payoh Interchange. No. 137 use to go Upper Thomas Road and Zoo in mandai Rd. :think:

Toa Payoh Interchange.

Very nostalgic place where I lived when I was young. :bsmilie:

how come the pics look like they took a time machine & went back to those days & use a camera fone to take the pics? ;p

anyway those were the days when i felt extremely happy when i get a bus pass and takes a bus, the 1st time i took a bus myself was Pri 5... when before that i am not allowed to even go home from school myself...

All these old buses were sold overseas to different countries. I have sat in some of them in Sandakan, Sabah and immediately recognised them as previously from SBS because of the ticketing machine - ticket dispenser and controller infront of the driver and some SBS logo were still visible inside the bus.

Del_CtrlnoAlt said:
how come the pics look like they took a time machine & went back to those days & use a camera fone to take the pics? ;p

anyway those were the days when i felt extremely happy when i get a bus pass and takes a bus, the 1st time i took a bus myself was Pri 5... when before that i am not allowed to even go home from school myself...

I think those are scans from film or prints. It's so refreshing to see pictures of the good ol' days.
I used to take service #3 from Chancery Lane (City Shuttle Service) to Far East Plaza. 10 cents.

Bus 174 .. the bus I used to take to school when I was young from then Nanyang University bus interchange to .. think current location was Jurong point .. ;p

Waaa...
toa payoh bus interchange..
nostalgic man...

Those r the days when the engine is in front. just break an egg and u can cook it. :)

clarinet said:
Wonder how many ppl remember those day where sg bus is non cir-con;)

errr... the bus i ride everyday to and from office, has no aircon.

Back in my days, the SBS buses didn't even have doors, just one wide opening for getting on and off. Wish I had some pictures. the pictures in that thread are still relatively new, the buses still have a somewhat recent SBS livery. I wonder where I can find the buses in the original worn gray paint scheme from the 1970s.

Those were the days when we sit inside the bus, just like sitting in the oven during hot sunny day.
I can't even reach the bell during the 70s, it's on the top of the bus.:cry:

Here's a pic from a publisher which has 2 books on old Singapore buses.

r1575x.jpg

Ahh... Brings back old memories... The loud loud engine at the front... the bus conductors with colorful tickets... The sweaty rides from schools in hot days. The wet seats in rainy days. I still remembers those sliding windows which some are so hard to open and close... Good old times... :)

Nikonnew said:
all those memories......and all the different version of the word "go ahead" when the bus conductor shouts to tell the bus driver to move off?

I remember one... it went something like...

"aaaaaaaeeeeeeeeeEEEEEAAAAYYYYYY!!!!!"

I love it! I still do it sometimes when everyone has gotten off and just before the bus shoves off. Real nostalgic and gets you attention real quick.

jUzMoO said:
Ahh... Brings back old memories... The loud loud engine at the front... the bus conductors with colorful tickets... The sweaty rides from schools in hot days. The wet seats in rainy days. I still remembers those sliding windows which some are so hard to open and close... Good old times... :)

i remember once i took those non aircon ones and it rained... then i can't seem to close the window, and got wet all the way.. haha...

Status
Not open for further replies.