My Flash Prob

vLphotography

Sep 9, 2011
Singapore
Hi all, I guess I have problem with my flash..:( anyone can tell what happened with this?
i turn on the Flash power but the "ready light" always in red color, represented it doesn't work. Even I changed new batteries.
See attached for reference.
Is this mean my flash light already spoiled? can repair it? any idea?
Thks everyone kindness help and give me some advice... so helpless here... -_-|||
fr_82_size880.jpg
[/IMG]

Btw, this is NISSIN Digital Mark II Di622 (for Canon ETTL Digital Cameras)

Just to check, what kind of batteries were you using? Some of the cheaper batteries can power on a flash but can't fully charge it..

Im using re-chargable batteries... I quite sure its fully charged

What rechargeable batteries are u using? Why try with normal alkaline to check.

using energizer rechargable batteries.... ya.. tonite i will try with normal alkaline batt... will update:)

Just try with normal Alkaline battery but still not working.... :(

Bro, if still under warranty, send it for repair. Otherwise I dun tink worth repairing.

any suggestion if i intent to buy a new flash? was thinking wan to buy 2 flash but low cost... as i still a beginner and learning

Dunno how beginner u are. But why do u need 2 flashes now? U can still use the pop up flash (with a bit of creativity).

One flash is enough. Unless you know how to do creative lighting which probably you don't. Alot of photographers prefer one flash lighting because of the flexibility and easy setup

Sgdevilzz said:
One flash is enough. Unless you know how to do creative lighting which probably you don't. Alot of photographers prefer one flash lighting because of the flexibility and easy setup

Hmm.. 2 flashes to neutralise shadows?

any suggestion if i intent to buy a new flash? was thinking wan to buy 2 flash but low cost... as i still a beginner and learning

rem this quote but sorry can't rem where i got it from to give credit - 'buy nice or buy twice'
- sounds like you are going the strobist route, so the new 600EX-RT would fit the bill
- or the previous top of the line 580EX II

but if you still want low cost one
- if no need TTL then can consider YongNuo 560, powerful and prob can get at $100 or even below if you look around
- if need TTL maybe 565EX think around $200
- if need TTL and want a bit more features can consider the bigger bro Nissin Di866 Mark II think around $380

or a combination like a TTL one for on-camera flash and non-TTL for off camera flash to save some $$ ;)

also rem to budget for light modifiers hee...

Nice Bro.