my first wedding...any tips/advice?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Divineman

Aug 9, 2006
Hi
Will be covering an Indian wedding soon...anyone out there with experience in Indian weddings..Pls give me your tips, experiences etc...:) Thank you.

Pls give me your tips, experiences etc.

I've not done any Indian Wedding assignment, only 1 Malay Wedding coverage. Good luck to you! :thumbsup: I learnt so much from my 1st experience and not to mention from the many mistakes that I'd made. Now, I'm looking forward to my 2nd Malay wedding assignment next month.

One advice for you - bring along a zoom lens. I brought both types - zoom lens & prime ones for my assignment. However, I ended up using my 18-70mm f/3.5-4.5 zoom lens most of the time. Why? Too many people and very limited space to move around to re-compose my shots. The zoom lens was more convenient to use, given the circumstances.

Ups..., I thought your first wedding. So there will be second wedding, third wedding... :sweat: .

Regards,
Arto.

I thought your first wedding. So there will be second wedding, third wedding... :sweat:.

Indeed. That is an interesting topic meant for another thread.;)

Another tip for Divineman: -

Use a speedlight, but don't use direct flash. Otherwise, you'll get ugly shadows on your subject(s), which will ruin your entire image. Use bounce-flash instead. It'll avoid any ugly shadows and add more depth to your subject(s). You may also consider using a Stofen Omni-bounce as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.