My first try at shooting something alive

Status
Not open for further replies.

DarNikon

Nov 8, 2005
Rivervale
Thanks Reno - you r right, I never noticed it - will take note the next time.

Drumma, apologies, I did not have a macro lens, this seems to the nearest I could go, I tried going closer and it couldn't shoot. I was using the D70 kit lens :)

DarNikon

Nov 8, 2005
Rivervale
Thanks ortega, just wondering, you mean I can use a flash for day shots like these. Will it be too bright - eg the leaves will reflect even more...not sure.

Reno

Jan 22, 2005
Land of the Teddy Bear
Welcome DarNikon, we are learning from one another.. :embrass:

You can use flash in broad daylight... the effect of it is to light up your object i.e. clearer detail. However you must adjust your position so that the leaves doesn't reflect the light back to your cam. :D

pokiemon

Mar 5, 2005
u don't need a macro lens to shoot close up. try using an extension tube to mount on your lens.

solarii

Oct 20, 2005
Bt. Timah
DarNikon said:
Thanks ortega, just wondering, you mean I can use a flash for day shots like these. Will it be too bright - eg the leaves will reflect even more...not sure.
When you use fill-flash for shots like this, try dialing in a -1 stop to you flash exposure (Note: Not your ambient exposure!!)

That way you'll get more natural looking shots as TTL flash metering tends to overdo it.

DarNikon

Nov 8, 2005
Rivervale
Ooo.. Thanks pokimon and solarii will try that. By the way, I know what are extension tubes. But what are close up filters, Ortega. Are these cheaper than extension tubes? 'cause I already burnt $$ this month on cam stuff haha.

michhy

Oct 21, 2005
nice photo frame you got there. stole the limelight from your photo... seriously

righton

Aug 28, 2005
nice....should look great in a panoramic crop

next mission........... shooting something that is warm-blooded ha ha ...just kidding

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom