My First Tripod

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 8, 2008
Hey everyone,

It's my first time buying a tripod. I'm done some checking and want to buy the manfrotto 190xprob & 488RC2. I found 180 to be the cheapest for the 190xprob, frm TK. It slipped my mind to check the 488 one. Would anyone here know how much it costs?

Thanks for reading, would really appreciate if you guys could leave a comment.

Last edited:
ever drop buy CP to check out Slik? i went recently & there's a model going for about $280 (legs + ballhead).

why not consider going for CF tripod?
really light and worth the money....
walk one day with a non-CF tripod and you will regret not investing in a good tripod....
if money permits, always get the best you can afford for a tripod.... it is something that will stay with you forever....
but if on budget, then no choice.... having one is still better than not having one.... :)

the manfrotto CF tripod is not good, it'll wear off (unwinding) as compared to gitzo.. and to buy gitzo ones are like too ex. i tried carrying the Cf versions 3&4 . 190CX4/3 . don't really feel the diff in weight bewtween non cf and cf.

silk, though a jap brand, is made in thailand while manfrotto is made in italy. 280 is ard the same price as manfrotto. i kinda prefer manfrotto's design too.

i get my manfrotto 190xprob + 486rc2 ball head. The combination is great!!

Hey everyone,

It's my first time buying a tripod. I'm done some checking and want to buy the manfrotto 190xprob & 488RC2. I found 180 to be the cheapest , frm TK. It slipped my mind to check the 488 one. Would anyone here know how much it costs?

Thanks for reading, would really appreciate if you guys could leave a comment.

Manfrotto 488 RC2 ballhead - S$150 (2005 May)

There is a equipment discussion forum, look for Others. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.