My First Shot with D30

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wai

Jan 17, 2002
South Pole with Penguin
singastro.org
still not very familar with all the features of D30 yet and I am not very used to the colour too as i am too used to see Disney Colour

These shots was taken in a hurry as i was waiting for the bus at bus stop...no tripod, shooting with a 50mm/f1.8 which i borrowed from someone...

Click here for 1st pic
Shooting Mode Program AE
Tv( Shutter Speed ) 1/400
Av( Aperture Value ) 5.0
Metering Mode Evaluative
Exposure Compensation 0
ISO Speed 100
Lens 50.0 mm/f1.8
Flash Off
White Balance Auto
AF Mode AI Focus AF
Active AF Points [ Center ]

Click here for 2nd pic
Shooting Mode Auto
Tv( Shutter Speed ) 1/500
Av( Aperture Value ) 5.6
Metering Mode Evaluative
Exposure Compensation 0
ISO Speed 100
Lens 50.0 mm/f1.8
Flash Off
White Balance Auto
AF Mode AI Focus AF

Click here for 3rd pic
Shooting Mode Auto
Tv( Shutter Speed ) 1/500
Av( Aperture Value ) 6.3
Metering Mode Evaluative
Exposure Compensation 0
ISO Speed 100
Lens 50.0 mm/f1.8
Flash Off
White Balance Auto
AF Mode AI Focus AF

Using my backup PC now, so the photo above wasn't edited by PhotoShop....just resize to 1024x768 with ACDSee 3.0...not even auto level was done

the original photo was taken in Large JPG

Comments?

waaaah photo BERY BIG aH!
first 2 nice.

Originally posted by eadwine
waaaah photo BERY BIG aH!
first 2 nice.

want to show if the pic is sharp or not mah...anyway, the first one using P mode and 2nd one is Auto mode..

the different in aperture is only a bit...but why the end results is so different??

Standard reply...kamwai pls see the TOS and keep your photos to 600x400 if possible. Thks!

BTW, welcome to the D30 club!

Love the smooth, noiseless pictures from the D30...

is that the moon i see in the 3rd pic?? hmmm

Originally posted by kamwai

want to show if the pic is sharp or not mah...anyway, the first one using P mode and 2nd one is Auto mode..

the different in aperture is only a bit...but why the end results is so different??

If you need to show a BIG picture, link it instead. With proper post processing techniques, small pictures can be sharp also. (See jed's posts)

Have fun with your new toy! :)

Regards
CK

did u focus on exactly the same spot?

seems to me u focused on something darker for the first picture.

Originally posted by Red Dawn

did u focus on exactly the same spot?

seems to me u focused on something darker for the first picture.

sorry for the huge pic......just to add, the 50mm/f1.8 have a few BIG pieces of dust inside....so i purposely make this big and see if anyone can spot the dust in the pic....

sorry everyone...won't post big pic again...

for the 3rd shot, that was the moon, not the dust....the 3rd pic is suppsoe to check if the dust in the lens is visible on the photo or not...i dunno if i did it correctly??

for the 1st and 2nd pic, i forgot where i focus already....i use evaluative metering for both...so i tot both will get similar results....

Sigh. Dust in a lens doesn't show up as dust on the picture.

hee hee... the first two looks a little overexposed, the second one seems better tho. And the two are not framed exactly the same way, so you'll get different meter readings... use a tripod if you want to compare. =) Now need big big tripiod liao... D30+lens (even 50mm) can get heavy....

Originally posted by Jed
Sigh. Dust in a lens doesn't show up as dust on the picture.

That of cos i know...how should a dust look like in the picture then? is that visible in the pictures above?

Anyway, the particle inside is quite big, abt 5mm in legth, green in colour, look like some cloth fibre, rather thick too...it is near the middle of the lens somemore

Look like many 50mm/f1.8 MKII have this dust problem....

I thought of cos u know? hehe :bsmilie: :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

That of cos i know...how should a dust look like in the picture then? is that visible in the pictures above?

Anyway, the particle inside is quite big, abt 5mm in legth, green in colour, look like some cloth fibre, rather thick too...it is near the middle of the lens somemore

Look like many 50mm/f1.8 MKII have this dust problem....

I don't see any particle on your picture, are you sure the dust isn't on the viewfinder?

Originally posted by rumraisin

I don't see any particle on your picture, are you sure the dust isn't on the viewfinder?

when i take out the 50mm/f1.8 and look thru the lens against a light source, those particles will be clearly seen

I see... anyway, I don't see it in your pics at all so I don't think it's a big problem. Getting the dust cleaned out of my lens at the Canon service centre last time cost 80 bucks! If it's not affecting your photos, I don't think it's worth it.

Originally posted by Jed
I thought of cos u know? hehe :bsmilie: :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

Yap, kamwai knows it all, no need you and me say, he also will know ;p

He's only testing you all, see if you also know or not :gbounce:

Originally posted by Jed
I thought of cos u know? hehe

:dunno: :dunno:

i know that dust in lens won't appear as dust in the picture...but i want to know how it SHOULD look like....so that i can detect it and check it myself next time i need to buy 2nd hand lenes

Status
Not open for further replies.