my first shoot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

demolishf1

Oct 31, 2006
hello all. im 15 and a photography enthusiast. just starting out lah. sorry pics are unorganised. pics are of arab st and old ttsh. i know some pictures are too dark, still working on it. im a sucker for low-contrast B&W pics.
DSC09968.jpg

DSC09967.jpg

DSC00024.jpg

DSC000211.jpg

DSC00020.jpg

u got some good ideas... keep it up...

DSC000191.jpg

DSC00018.jpg

DSC00016.jpg

i really like this one below.

DSC00015.jpg

DSC00011.jpg

DSC00010.jpg

DSC00007.jpg

DSC00008.jpg

DSC00009.jpg

DSC00005.jpg

DSC00004.jpg

DSC00006.jpg

DSC00003.jpg

DSC00002.jpg

DSC00001.jpg

hmmz..wow..too many..haha
my preferences are some of ur simpler ones...mayb if u number them den it would be easier to name..haha..

hmmz..wow..too many..haha
my preferences are some of ur simpler ones...mayb if u number them den it would be easier to name..haha..

numbered. :D

I think most of the pictures are under-exposed by at least a stop. Under-exposure don't necessarily gives low-contrast pictures, what you need is more even lighting condition. And also some of the pictures are suffering from hand-blur due to slow shutter speeds.

wow..haha.. efficient..
anyway..7, 11, 13, 17 are good ideas... =)

I think most of the pictures are under-exposed by at least a stop. Under-exposure don't necessarily gives low-contrast pictures, what you need is more even lighting condition. And also some of the pictures are suffering from hand-blur due to slow shutter speeds.

that's what i thought too. will have to "up" it abit since i put it to the lowest exposure.

some pictures turned out blur thought hands on still soilds.

that's what i thought too. will have to "up" it abit since i put it to the lowest exposure.

some pictures turned out blur thought hands on still soilds.

u can try resting ur camera against a wall or sth when u shoot.. helps a great deal if u dun bring a tripod around..
another good investment is a small bean bag..u can make one urself.. it help help u rest ur camera or lens on uneven surfaces to take those longer shutter speeds

u can try resting ur camera against a wall or sth when u shoot.. helps a great deal if u dun bring a tripod around..
another good investment is a small bean bag..u can make one urself.. it help help u rest ur camera or lens on uneven surfaces to take those longer shutter speeds

3/4 of the pictures got my hand rested on the wall. except
18, 15, 10, 4, 5. will work on it.

my hand wasnt stable.

Ok, perhaps you can have more fun trying to aim your shots at telling a story.

What do I mean...
#1, 8, 10, 12, 19: To me, does not convey any message / story.

There are some creative and thoughtful shots though.
Leave stuffs not in the story out. Like:
#13: Road sign. "Balestier Road". I don't think the sign and the walls belonged to the same era.

A few things perhaps you can explore on perspective;
#4: If you trying to have fun with the statue with leaf covering her chest? If yes, the contrast is not enough to make it a focus. Perhaps in this case, a coloured photo can do better?
#5: If you are trying to have the blured effect, I think its too blurred for my liking.
#7: What is the story here? A snap shot? Try to make a relation between the 2 subject. Like Big vs Small, etc...
#9: Does the sign "SOLO" means something in the pic? Either you make use of it, or you take it out of the pic.
#16: Think can be nice if you are close to the white wall. Capture the grains on the wall. There's no need too much space on the left in this instant as the black void is very big.
#17: Try pointing up more. If you wanna make the faraway (I presume is some stand with a wind-chime) feels isolated in contrast to the foreground (unidentified) items, you need more headspace to let it feels isolated.
#19/20: In a series when 20 is so much nicer then 19, I think you can take that off.

Try not to post too many photos at one go. Quite difficult to comment.

Again, all points above is my personal views only.

interesting, good ideas, and having a model to shoot with alr. =)
not bad i muz say but some are abit OOF, or is blurred on purpose like no.4?
also, its kinda dark and underexposed. but nicely done overall. =)

one more thing, i dun relli like the idea of ur model smiling in most of ur shots when in B&W,
it kinda spoils the nostialgic feel for the picture. juz my personal feel.

Status
Not open for further replies.