my first roll of slides developed..

Status
Not open for further replies.

faa

Jun 25, 2004
www.flickr.com
finally, shot and developed my first roll of slides..

had it developed at konota and it cost me a total of $9.5, with mounting. reasonable price?

next thing they told me tat is tat it cost 1 buck to develop each slide. was quite taken aback.. "so ex arh?"

any idea where got cheaper rates? or is $1 the usual rate?

advice will be greatly appreciated..

Printing from slides are more costly than normal negs, :)

I develop my slides at Ruby for $4.10 without mounting :)

can mount myself also rite? are the accessories and equipment needed for mounting costly?

I have no idea on the mounts & equipment cos I never done them before. Don't think it's that ex, just the cutting to frame and mounting it without fingerprints requires a bit of skill? :)

oh okies.. maybe next time shall try w/o mounting.. so how'd develop them into prints? any regular shop u visit?

You can do it at Konota, or KT. But as far as I know, it's not cheap to do prints from slides. The last time I saw prints from slides were from Larry's. He did mention it's not cheap.

i see.. seems like slides are an ex alternative..time to get a projector?? hehe..

cool.. will keep a lookout for tat.. thnx dude.. cheers~!

Hi Faa,
I shoot mainly with slides too and I develop them at RGB in Beach Road. It has been taken over by Fotohub but still the same people are there. They are great if you need to "push" or "pull" a couple of stops.

Anyway, you can buy glassless mounts from Cathay, about $12 for 100 pieces. You just let Konota develop it but without mounting. You then do it yourself! It costs significantly less when you just develop without mounting.

Hope that helps!

I bought the glassless slide mount (plastic, so I guess reusable) @ $7-8/100pcs.

Saw a used Reflectar slide projector (wrong spelling?) with wireless remote going for less than $200 @ myshop.com @ rocho centre (the plaza diagonally acorss Bugis Junction)

Did you guys measure the plastic mount from Ruby (develop the slides mounted)? It is Fujichrome mount, but slightly smaller than 24x36mm? Like 23x35mm.

Oh, I didn't notice that it is smaller, I thought since slides mount had been around for so long, it should be std size. will check it out. Thanks for highliting this.

How about sourcing for used projectors at Cash Convertors? Seems like there is a few sets over at the Toa Payoh branch.

Anyway, Fotohub @ Beach Road charges $6+ per roll of slide development, but can get in the same day. Can't wait for 2 days...

So, how excited are you seeing your first slide roll? :D

wow thnks for all the tips.. i'm presently working in shaw towers but i jus cant find fotohub leh?!?! its directly opp isit???

am i blind?? :dunno:

haha.. damn excited sia.. the colors seem so diff when i place it againt my computer screen..

My projector is with Alex photo, come withe a zoom lens some more, selling cheap cheap. ;)

Btw, don't need to mount all, just mount the good one.

faa said:
wow thnks for all the tips.. i'm presently working in shaw towers but i jus cant find fotohub leh?!?! its directly opp isit???

am i blind?? :dunno:

haha.. damn excited sia.. the colors seem so diff when i place it againt my computer screen..

It is not directly opposite. You cross the road from Shaw Tower, you will see a coffee shop. Walk along and you will see another coffee shop called "Kim" if I am not wrong. After "Kim" is Premier Centre, where FotoHub is located at a corner.

Anyway, might be interested to invest in a projector + projector screen. Anyway I can find more information?

faa said:
oh okies.. maybe next time shall try w/o mounting.. so how'd develop them into prints? any regular shop u visit?

You can try Grace Digital at Clementi to print your slides. Simon does not charge as expensive for printing from slides. Check with him ... i use to do a lot of my prints there before i stop printing from slide and just scan them.

But be prepared that the colours may no longer be as vibrant as the original slide because of the printing process ... (not the fault of the operator). It would probably be the same if you did it at any other FDI labs.

Hope that helps.

the only thing u can do
is to get a film scanner and get them develop in jpg :)

think this is the way current developing shops are doing

Status
Not open for further replies.