My first Photoshoot: Miss Kiko Arai from Japan

Don Marcaroni

Apr 23, 2003
Visit site
Thanks very much to Ivan from ModelInn for arranging. Credit to Miss Kiko as well.

11498644544_3f1a069c7a_c.jpg

Really first photoshoot? Very nice effort bro.

Glad to meet you yesterday morning. I was there too. ^ ^

Nice photos for first timer. :)

I was also there on Sunday morning shoot. Are you the one with 2 OMDs?

Thanks all for the kind comments. Well, technically I guess I have gone for shoots before (I went for a flashlight photography course and a wedding course conducted by one of the "schools" that advertises in Clubsnap as well and each did have a photoshoot for instructional purposes though I enjoyed this one a lot more).

Decided to try out a new form of photography (previously mainly into shooting birds/ wildlife/ landscapes and travel photography) and took the plunge and bought the Voigtlander 42.5mm f0.95.

I thought the shoot was very good for newbies, having the reflector set up by Ivan definitely helped with the lighting (as well as his ability to pick areas with good lighting as well). The model was also very professional and posed very well.

Yes, I was the nut carrying 2 OMDs... speaking of which, I still have photos in one camera I have not exported out yet... doh...

Nice meeting the other "lao jiaos" out there too. Interesting to see some of the other posts on Kiko as well and the different photography styles.

Last edited:
Niice pics ......and what a nick. Don Marcaroni? :)

Last edited:
Hi Mark,

What a nice photo you have ! Especially as those were taken by Micro 4/3 !

As this is your first photoshoot, what have you been shooting for the last 10 years ? :)

Very nice pictures with the Voigtlander especially #3. :) Poisonous. ;p
Yes Kel… I got poisoned quite badly which is why I bought the lens.

Don, you have the best Kiko!
Thanks very much for the high praise SIon. There are a lot of interesting Kiko pictures as well. The nice thing is you get to see different peoples’ shooting styles. Some really like close-ups but I tried as far as possible to do full body or to include as much of her as possible. She has nice long arms/ legs. ;)

Niice pics ......and what a nick. Don Marcaroni? :)
Thanks too Zen. “Don Marcaroni” was an old nick I carried over from my school days. I had this thing for the Godfather movies…

Hi Mark,

What a nice photo you have ! Especially as those were taken by Micro 4/3 !

As this is your first photoshoot, what have you been shooting for the last 10 years ? :)

Thanks very much Jeff. I also like Star Wars so as Yoda says, “Size matters not. Judge me by my size do you?” ;)
I have been mainly trying to shoot other stuff like birds/ wildlife and landscapes as well as a bit of travel photography. My main subject now is my 7 month old son (it is a real challenge focusing a f0.95 lens manually with a kid that is always moving!)
I have some extended time off in December/ January from work so will be trying new things photography wise. Hope to post more photos on Clubsnap as well (previously I was rather lazy and content viewing the work of others).

Went through my photos again over the holidays... for some reason, I seem to have this thing for black and white now...

B&W #3

11734370174_70821f0cd2_c.jpg

B&W#4

11734227853_8430ea0d12_c.jpg

B&W#5

11734369494_e25f8ffc1f_c.jpg

B&W#6

11733962185_e6e5eb330b_c.jpg

B&W#7

11733961905_5d08175d5f_c.jpg