My first photos with the E-300...

Status
Not open for further replies.
kktan said:
Hi Hitman,

You make me want to go for a resort holiday.:lovegrin:

The "copyright" in the middle of the picture kind of :( .

:cheers:

Btw, have you manage to get yourself a dry box???
Maldives is a beautiful place, and I think SQ fares now are quite affordable ;)

Haven't got a dry box yet, but will definitely get one on my next trip back to Singapore. Thanks. :D

wah... maldives seems vey nice! the sky n water so blue!!

Nice colors! But I think adding a CP filter will be better. :)

hammer_400 said:
wah... maldives seems vey nice! the sky n water so blue!!

Hi Hammer_400,

GO LAH!!!

:cheergal: GO hammer_400, GO GO GO... :cheergal:

koolz said:
Nice colors! But I think adding a CP filter will be better. :)
I agree with you. Camera is still new, so will be adding these accessories later.

In general, I'm a 'no filter' guy. ;) As far as possible, I try not to have any extra glass on the already excellent lens. So in general, no protective UV filters on both my kit lens, not even high quality ones... :eek: I know there is always a hot debate on this, but I know the shooting conditions that I'll be in, so will take the necessary pre-cautions when required.

I was trying to shoot the full moon last night with the 40-150 lens, results were decent but only gripe is I miss having the LCD screen to compose the shot. Have to squat, bend, twist my body to look through the viefinder while the E-300 is on the tripod... Backache..... :bsmilie:

Hitman said:
I agree with you. Camera is still new, so will be adding these accessories later.

In general, I'm a 'no filter' guy. ;) As far as possible, I try not to have any extra glass on the already excellent lens. So in general, no protective UV filters on both my kit lens, not even high quality ones... :eek: I know there is always a hot debate on this, but I know the shooting conditions that I'll be in, so will take the necessary pre-cautions when required.

I was trying to shoot the full moon last night with the 40-150 lens, results were decent but only gripe is I miss having the LCD screen to compose the shot. Have to squat, bend, twist my body to look through the viefinder while the E-300 is on the tripod... Backache..... :bsmilie:

your pics didnt have any harsh reflections and using cp would have only made the sky n water more richer blue is all. Atleast use a neutral filter on ur lens so that in case of lens drop etc it gives a bit of protection to the front element.
Use your laptop and the cam control software to shoot the moon and check the pic on ur laptop, dont have to squat, twist and bend :) Cam control also doesnt give you any preview pic.. so shoot, adjust shoot, adjust shoot untill u r satisfied with the end result.

bariq said:
Use your laptop and the cam control software to shoot the moon and check the pic on ur laptop, dont have to squat, twist and bend :) Cam control also doesnt give you any preview pic.. so shoot, adjust shoot, adjust shoot untill u r satisfied with the end result.
You're referring to Olympus Studio right? Don't have the software leh.... I also thought about having the E-300 angle finder might be useful but then again... Olympus accessories quite expensive... :(

Hitman said:
You're referring to Olympus Studio right? Don't have the software leh.... I also thought about having the E-300 angle finder might be useful but then again... Olympus accessories quite expensive... :(

Angle finder not that expensive la compared to other accessories. Some regulars on this forum have got the angle finder.

Hitman said:

Yep!!! The Olympus Studio Camera Control will solve your backache problem. :bsmilie:

bariq said:
Angle finder not that expensive la compared to other accessories. Some regulars on this forum have got the angle finder.

how much for the angle finder? read that it magnifies the viewfinder too?

tao said:
how much for the angle finder? read that it magnifies the viewfinder too?

there are two magnification options on the angle finder. As far as the price is concerned two ppl can give you the exact upto date price.. 1) MK 2) Chii

bariq said:
there are two magnification options on the angle finder. As far as the price is concerned two ppl can give you the exact upto date price.. 1) MK 2) Chii
I'm interested in the angle finder cos I'm also into doing macros.... The price on the internet is US$179 (S$300) :bigeyes: Will be left with no money to buy macro lens liao... :cry:

Hitman said:
I'm interested in the angle finder cos I'm also into doing macros.... The price on the internet is US$179 (S$300) :bigeyes: Will be left with no money to buy macro lens liao... :cry:

Buy the macro lens first la... then later on add the angle finder to ur gear.

bariq said:

Ditto, buy the 50mm F2 marco lens first. You can add in the Angle Finder later when you think you will really need to use it often.

bariq said:
kktan said:
Ditto, buy the 50mm F2 marco lens first. You can add in the Angle Finder later when you think you will really need to use it often.
You guys are right!! Got my priorities wrong.... :embrass:

The 'E-500 leak' also mentioned a new 35mm f/3.5 macro lens, what's your take? I think it probably fall into the same category as the '14-45' and the '40-150' (budget category). Will be interesting to see the price and the performance of the new lens. :)

for macro: anything further away like 0.3m to 0.5m --

more zoom with macro function is better than wider lens with macro.......

alternatively, you can use 50-200(or 40-150) with extension tube plus a good quality close up filter. check out megaweb's excellent macro shots!

Here's an example of the wonderful 50-200mm macro shots, handheld:

p8270145_20050827110716.jpg

It'll be even better, coupled with EX-25 extension tube.

Status
Not open for further replies.