My first photo

Status
Not open for further replies.

elle02

Jun 25, 2004
Hi, this is my first time taking photos.

Pls help me to improve. thanks.

DSC01088.jpg

DSC01052.jpg

DSC01058.jpg

ordinaryless said:
are these pics scanned? what camera are u using?

Jus curious =)

They are not scan. I am using Sony T1.

hi,
these are very general snap shots the first thing that comes to mind is that there is no particular subject that strikes me. the next thing is that there is no contrast in the pictures at all. looks totally flat, like a scanned picture.

what kind of photography are you interested in? looking in to that matter will help you focus and hone your skills.

in picture 1,
i guess you wanted to shoot the dolphin.
you could get closer to it and concenntrate on the animal and have less background. it helps to isolate the item of interest if there are less distractions available. unless of course the other objects in the picture serve other purposes.

did you shoot through glass window? that may explain the poor quality.

what would be the best way to cut out that hazy look? a polariser filter?

PL will help but i suspect the last 2 pic were shot thru glass, and not a very clean piece.

elle02 said:
They are not scan. I am using Sony T1.
it's a T1 guys!! so think that we should set the parameters... can't really advise to use no polarizing filters, 28-200 zoom, etc. :nono: i think that the T1 is a very compact and elegant camera, but not the best for the types of shots that you have taken.

pic#1 was probably already on digital zoom, and was still unable to get a good close up of the dolphin. but great timing to get the dolphin in the air, in the middle of the hoop!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

pic#2 and #3 are decent scenic shots, but just lacks the colour and vibrancy of the lanscape which you were taking. as mentioned, it could be because you were shooting through the plastic cable car windows... or the PSI index was rather high that day!!! :kok: (did you use the landscape settings for the shot?)

the T1 works best in close proximity, e.g. dinner / BBQ / gatherings / farewells / etc :ipuke:

Status
Not open for further replies.