My First Outing with friends at Jurong Bird Park

Status
Not open for further replies.

awongkk

Mar 1, 2004
Tampines
Here are some of my humble shoot, I know I still have a lot to learn :D , but still all comments are welcome. :)

#1 orchid
orchid.jpg

#2 lalang
lalang1.JPG

#3 waterfall
waterfall.JPG

Pic # 1, are those lines spider web?. It would be amazing it could capture it!
Pic # 2, who ever thought a common "lalang" could turn out beautifully on pic? :thumbsup:

Pardon me... i abit shoot bird...

#1 where is the spider web line... i see no lines...

#3 Sugoiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii... Haaa... i seem to like this pretty much, how u guys manage to get more "disney" like colours with FZ-10, the photos i took are usually on the soft side and doesnt look as appealing...

icer said:
Wow,

I like #1 and #3.

#1 is the best, how u do that?

:thumbsup:

ok, one by one ah, this one were guided by instructor, i'm sitting on the floor, aiming at the orchid from a distance at 45 deg. and zoom in, must get the correct distance so it would be sharp.
I also didn't know it would come out nice, cos' we were told not to view the result on the spot as this will deter us to shoot properly and caution us what setting on your cam is important, so you must always aware what is your current setting.
Well, this is what was told to me, but it might not applicable to all. :bsmilie:

Thanks for viewing and glad that you like it. I think newguy69 shoot better than me. :D
Me still newbies, a lot more to learn though. :sweat:

LifeWorld said:
Pic # 1, are those lines spider web?. It would be amazing it could capture it!
Pic # 2, who ever thought a common "lalang" could turn out beautifully on pic? :thumbsup:

Yeah, there were some of the spider web which I capture during the shoot, me also kind of like it. :think:
There were a few more which I have not resize it, those capture only resize not crop.
I think i really fall in love with my FZ10 liao. :bsmilie:

Hong Jia said:
#3 Sugoiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii... Haaa... i seem to like this pretty much, how u guys manage to get more "disney" like colours with FZ-10, the photos i took are usually on the soft side and doesnt look as appealing...

Well, this one was easy, just park your tripod, set to AP and use the smallest aperture (F8 max) and put on your CP, just use the self-timer and you'll get this effect. Go and try it, you'll enjoy it. Maybe you can try at SBG, cos' entry is free. :D

awongkk said:
Well, this one was easy, just park your tripod, set to AP and use the smallest aperture (F8 max) and put on your CP, just use the self-timer and you'll get this effect. Go and try it, you'll enjoy it. Maybe you can try at SBG, cos' entry is free. :D

I was wondering if u used a CP..
cause if I use too slow shutter, the whole area becomes overexposed.. :)

bwilly said:
I was wondering if u used a CP..
cause if I use too slow shutter, the whole area becomes overexposed.. :)
eh eh, your avatar looks like one of my photo. :D
like this one

sorry, i should say one of my photo looks like your avatar.

sk_2 said:
n thnks to lifeworld for pointing out the silk threads,
very sharp observation :thumbsup:

>>awongkk

cant find fault with the overall presentation,
a above average shoot with good lighting,
background n slight translucent feel from the petals of the orchid,
can clearly see the improvement over the months as compare to your " older, virgin " shots, :bsmilie:

btw, thnks for sharing,
cheers

Thanks for your comments. When I look back on my previous shoot, me also wonder what i'm shooting actually. :bsmilie: . Still learning :dunno: and have a lot more to catch up. will definately post more when I have nice shoot. :cheergal:

Status
Not open for further replies.