My first outing with D80

Status
Not open for further replies.

StevO

Mar 9, 2007
Tried playing around with D80 and found that to be fairly good.

Can someone recommend if I should get additional eq to improve the shots ?

What else should i do to improve this shot ?

Elyse0001.JPG

1st shot is ok.. not quite sure if the composition works. sometimes, its good to have a shot where subject doesnt look at u, but here its neither here nor there.

2nd shot, i take it u were on a tripod due to the 2 second exposure? if that was the case, a longer exposure would probably have been better. would allow u to use a lower ISO.

composition-wise, i like the day shot but maybe if u got the subject to be more expressive, like smile or laugh, it would tie in with the whole daytime, sunny theme.

the night shot didnt work for me though. not sure wats the subject. u may wanna apply rule of thirds to make ur composition tighter.

happy shooting with ur d80!

I don't know pics too well but here's a go.
First: There was no attraction from the main subject. What are you trying to depict about this little girl to the viewer? What is she doing? I don't think anyone can answer that.

403484515_30b10d8e1b.jpg

Interaction with your subject create an interesting pic.

Second: Which is your main subject? The sky? the city lights? What are you trying to convey in this picture?

362576239_24774762c0.jpg

I think you can answer what the pictures are trying to convey.

362279419_be1539a67e.jpg

one minor improvement for #1. is to shift yor angle such that the grey pillar goes away.
nice clean background will b good.
nite shot is too dark.

Thanks to all !!

C & C noted and will improve with the next posting !

how about for picture 2, the building's silhouette on the right seems to be titled?
as in it being not parallel to the right edge.
am I wrong about this?

Please note the rules in this sub-forum.

1 picture per week.

For picture 2, the moon looks nice:)

Status
Not open for further replies.