My First Night Shots at Boat Quay!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blitz

Jan 18, 2002
Singapore
www.blitzstorm.com
Finally got time to go down with my newly bought tripod just now. All of the shots I've taken with Auto mode (sorry all those I've shot manually turn out very bad) and I've only exp with the Whitebalance.

Really my first true night shots, comments pls, thanks! :D

P1010090.JPG

P1010092.JPG

P1010094.JPG

P1010097.JPG

Which Fullerton hotel pic above nicer? The white one or the yellowish one?

Weeeee.....I really like photography now hee

the yellowish one nicer to me.

aye, dun stuck too much with ur Oly til forget abt ur gf wor... lol

Blitz, try to use shutter or aperture priority instead (cos some of your shots look underexposed), and make sure the horizons are horizontal! Those will improve your shots. Good attempt anyway, hope to see more from you!

Originally posted by Tweek
Blitz, try to use shutter or aperture priority instead (cos some of your shots look underexposed), and make sure the horizons are horizontal! Those will improve your shots. Good attempt anyway, hope to see more from you!

Thanks for the advice Tw :)

However, was trying out the settings as well. Quite confused over the manual too.

Was wondering does the Aperture/Shutter Priority mode works either in P and A/S/M mode? Or only works in A/S/M mode?

You're also using Oly camera, do u also have the above same settings? Thanks!

Originally posted by Blitz

Thanks for the advice Tw :)

However, was trying out the settings as well. Quite confused over the manual too.

Was wondering does the Aperture/Shutter Priority mode works either in P and A/S/M mode? Or only works in A/S/M mode?

You're also using Oly camera, do u also have the above same settings? Thanks!

Aperture priority and shutter priority only work in A/S/M mode. P mode is Program mode, when the camera decides all the settings. A/S/M, as the abbreviations imply, stands for Aperture/Shutter/Manual mode, and you choose one out of the three.

Aperture priority and shutter priority only work in A/S/M mode. P mode is Program mode, when the camera decides all the settings. A/S/M, as the abbreviations imply, stands for Aperture/Shutter/Manual mode, and you choose one out of the three.

Haha I know what I do wrong liao then

Thanks Tw :)

So for night shots, (pardon this newbie ah :D) what does Aperture or Shutter mode does to enhance my picture?

Thanks again!

Originally posted by Blitz
So for night shots, (pardon this newbie ah :D) what does Aperture or Shutter mode does to enhance my picture?

Thanks again!

I think for olympus cameras, the shutter speed is limited while in auto mode (I'm not sure, can be wrong about this). So it's better to go into A/S/M mode so that you can set a long enough shutter speed for a proper exposure. The bottomline is to expose a little longer lor, cos your shots look a little bit underexposed.

I think for olympus cameras, the shutter speed is limited while in auto mode (I'm not sure, can be wrong about this). So it's better to go into A/S/M mode so that you can set a long enough shutter speed for a proper exposure. The bottomline is to expose a little longer lor, cos your shots look a little bit underexposed.

Yes, tweek is correct on the longer exposure part. Sad to say that our DCs can hardly take more than 2 seconds exposure without having noise.

Hmm.. realised that the C2100 has a little start effect. C700 dun have this effect.

Originally posted by mpenza
Blitz is using a C2040, not a C2100UZ...

So my camera will still face the noise problem if more than 2 secs exposure?

Have tried b4 but maybe my eyes blur, can't see any noise....

Maybe must try again at Boat Quay next round :D

Status
Not open for further replies.