My first try at model shoots..
Give your comments.. No ps applied as i don't know how to use it.. :embrass:

Don't leech my photos, ok..

LEEN
leen0008a.jpg

leen0034a.jpg

leen0081a.jpg

leen0085a.jpg

I hate it when U got the best pose and someone suddenly moves in front of your lens when u pressed the shutter..
leen0106a.jpg

KELLY
kelly0032a.jpg

kelly0056a.jpg

kelly0094a.jpg

kelly0101a.jpg

YANG JING
YangJing0010a.jpg

YangJing0015a.jpg

YangJing0036a.jpg

YangJing0055a.jpg

Instant Pics! I didnt have enough instant film left.. I promised to give one to leen too but.. Astin, give my apology to her, ok? Maybe next time..
cutepicsa.jpg

Other Shots:

Woa! Cleaning a dirted dress!
fun1.jpg

Watching others in envy...
fun2.jpg

Caught with her make-up kit
kelly79a.jpg

Finally there's water break..
fun3a.jpg

Dude , 1st try ? Well here are just a few tips. Don't be too overwhelmed with the model ( i knoe she pretty :lovegrin: ) but u gotta look out for alot of things, but i'll just tell u about the composition.

composition - rule of the thirds, negative space , cropping off hands unnecessarily, dynamic angles. Cos from the looks of it u were shooting and framing the model in the centre ... nice and safe ... but try keeping what u want in the shot and getting rid of the unwanted space that makes the picture "Dead".

2 cents but keep on shooting

Jazer said:
Dude , 1st try ? Well here are just a few tips. Don't be too overwhelmed with the model ( i knoe she pretty :lovegrin: ) but u gotta look out for alot of things, but i'll just tell u about the composition.

composition - rule of the thirds, negative space , cropping off hands unnecessarily, dynamic angles. Cos from the looks of it u were shooting and framing the model in the centre ... nice and safe ... but try keeping what u want in the shot and getting rid of the unwanted space that makes the picture "Dead".

2 cents but keep on shooting

well.. I didnt want to crop off the hands but i'm too short.. the reflector is there plus a couple of photographers' heads.. hehehe..

What do u mean by negative space and dynamic angles? Pls assist..

sehsuan said:
smoking? no good...

well.. i didn't mean to encourage smoking but she looked so stylo, so I took her pic..

sob sob.. My shots of charlie's angels on film all turned up underexposed bcoz i didnt change the batteries for a long time and the flash was not working!!!! :(

Astin said:
Dont sob sob, we have future events in the pipeline. Next time get more xD cards ok?

:eek: need to earn more money!!! and spend it! :sweat:

innovas1 said:
sob sob.. My shots of charlie's angels on film all turned up underexposed bcoz i didnt change the batteries for a long time and the flash was not working!!!! :(

ALWAYS, ALWAYS, ALWAYS, check your equipment the day before.

You got that right. Check, check and check again....

thats was just an automatic non-zoom camera, i tot there was no need to check....... :embrass: hahaha.

innovas1 said:
thats was just an automatic non-zoom camera, i tot there was no need to check....... :embrass: hahaha.

You'll need to got for more practice. :)

And always check and charge all batteries 1 day before any event. That will ensure got time to react if any of the batteries are flat.

Also, pack all the stuff need 1 day before. Sorry for being long-winded. ;)

anyone knows of what is the english translation of this book: 美国摄影教材?

i'm actually looking for an english version of this book which my china frens said is good..

How abt a project to produce "Clubsnap Express Guide to Professional Photography" ?
I will definitely buy one ..... :D

Is the location of your shoot at some abandoned warehouses along Jiak Kim Street?

Status
Not open for further replies.