My first MF-1 picture

Status
Not open for further replies.

OlyFlyer

Mar 22, 2006
Just want to show my first picture using the MF-1 I received today, after several weeks waiting. I think the picture is phantastic, considering I just set up for the compulsury wrist watch macro shoot. No testshots, just focus, step down, let external flash (ancient T32) charge and than shoot.

P6012460-1.jpg

Image just resized, not cropped.

Lens: 50mm 1.8 OM, set to f11 with extension tubes 12, 20 and 36mm. External flash.
Camera: Oly E-500 set to aperture priority and naturally manual focus, manual flash.

The sharpness is pretty amazing. Nice one.

If it is possible, can you get a second camera to shoot the set up? That would be really nice. Thanks.

plastic said:
The sharpness is pretty amazing. Nice one.
Don't say that to me, say it to Oly. ;)

Not easy to place the tripod and focus. A few mm off and everything is out of focus. Anyway, I got so excited myself that I just could not let it be to post it. Actually, first I thoght 'what is all that noise in the image?' So I took a magnifying glass to check, only to see that it is actually the way the number plate looks like by design. An other thing I realized was that it is extremely important to clean the stuff thoroughly before taking a picture. The angle at which the flash is held can make or destroy the picture. Wrong angle and the smallest dust particle will give so strong reflection that the image is just destroyed. I took several other pictures where dust particles just show up too distinctly, so for next shooting I will clean also.

It clearly shows an other thing, that is I did not use my extension tubes in many years, I am learning macro photography all over again. At least this time I don't have to spend several hours and shoot up several rolls of expensive films, develop, enlarge and so on just to see it is all crap except a few. Digital photography is phantastic in that aspect.

plastic said:
If it is possible, can you get a second camera to shoot the set up? That would be really nice. Thanks.
Unfortunately I only have one digital camera, so that is not possible. I do not want to set up my old OM2n or any other of my film cameras for reasons explained above. But I agree, it would be interesting to see other cameras results in the same settings.

I share that same excitement whenever a new piece of gear comes in... and I believe everyone here does too... Macro... Extension Tubes... and the list goes on and on... yeah, it never cease to stop... you cannot learn everything... just shoot as much as you can basically... LOL.

Thanks for sharing what you have discovered in your shooting. I am sure many will learn from this sharing.

plastic said:
I share that same excitement whenever a new piece of gear comes in... and I believe everyone here does too... Macro... Extension Tubes... and the list goes on and on... yeah, it never cease to stop... you cannot learn everything... just shoot as much as you can basically... LOL.

Thanks for sharing what you have discovered in your shooting. I am sure many will learn from this sharing.
It is nice to hear that I am not alone, actually, I knew that, but I think it is not easy to admit for some people that they, even after the age of 50 can get excited over some small (or large) piece of gadget. I think some people will never grow up and will always need toys. Only the price and the size of the toys will change.

I feel sorry for those who grew up and lost their desire to explore things, new things all the time. If there was nothing new to se, nothing new to do, nothing new to say or read or learn, I don't know if I wanted to carry on living.

I am more than willing to share as long as somebody is interested.

But my dear friend, you come across as overly-passionate sometimes... the passion and enthusiasm can only be appreciated by like minded people, but not all share the same level of passion and emthusiasm as you do... ha ha ha... :bsmilie:

plastic said:
But my dear friend, you come across as overly-passionate sometimes... the passion and enthusiasm can only be appreciated by like minded people, but not all share the same level of passion and emthusiasm as you do... ha ha ha... :bsmilie:
Anyway, it is good to hear that I am not alone. Even if I knew that before, it is reassuring to hear others have the same passion and enthusiasm. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.