My first HDR shot at Campus

Roboflame

Sep 20, 2010
Australia
5324649700_a5e428f8e5_b.jpg

1. in what area is critique to be sought?
I think my photo is not right HDR. I don't know how to change. Any comments for any areas in my photo.

2. what one hopes to achieve with the piece of work?
In future, I want to make my HDR better.

3. under what circumstance is the picture taken? (physical conditions/emotions)
I was with my friend at top level of school. I saw the building and I want to try HDR.
4. what the critique seeker personally thinks of the picture
Not bad HDR. :D

Thank you for viewing. :) I am just a newbie. I need a lot of comments to improve.

This is a picture that goes way beyond convention. To say the least.

I would say its a very interesting attempt if the idea is to produce a fantasy like atmosphere in a fantasy land.

Otherwise .... too much saturation. Way over exposed for many things. Looks a bit like a mass of uncoordinated colors. Cant really advise on how to improve, dont do HDR myself.

Keep experimenting !!! :)

Umm... the colours in this photo seems unrealistic. Too much cyan in the sky, trees in the background becoming blue, foliages becomes light green. The HDR processing is quite hard handed, try to tone down on the tone mapping. Don't be discouraged, not many people gets it right the first time round. Through experimentation you will learn and improve :)

saturation is too heavy... can tone down on the tone mapping stage... HDR should look realistic, not too fantasy looking :)

My opinion of HDR is to bring out the details of shadows and also liven up some dull colours. It is not necessary to HDRed every pic. Therefore to successfully showcase HDR, the pic must have some spread of shadows, midtones and bright colours, then only you can bring out the effects of HDR. It is difficult to effectively do so with this pic.

That being said, the artificial colours shown in the pic is not likely to be the result of HDR, but probably adding excessive saturation and primary colours.

My 2cts. Thanks.

Jon

It looks very much like an oil painting to me rather than HDR. Nevertheless I'm sure u will get it right soon!

OH GOD YOU KILLED BLOCK 53!

hahaha. nice attempt though my poly junior. which course are you from?

OH GOD YOU KILLED BLOCK 53!

hahaha. nice attempt though my poly junior. which course are you from?

:) Thank you Kei.. I am from Mechatronic Engineering. :D How's about you?

This is a picture that goes way beyond convention. To say the least.

I would say its a very interesting attempt if the idea is to produce a fantasy like atmosphere in a fantasy land.

Otherwise .... too much saturation. Way over exposed for many things. Looks a bit like a mass of uncoordinated colors. Cant really advise on how to improve, dont do HDR myself.

Keep experimenting !!! :)

Yeah.. Thank You.

Umm... the colours in this photo seems unrealistic. Too much cyan in the sky, trees in the background becoming blue, foliages becomes light green. The HDR processing is quite hard handed, try to tone down on the tone mapping. Don't be discouraged, not many people gets it right the first time round. Through experimentation you will learn and improve :)

Yeah.. I will not stop my learning and experimenting. Thank you for your advice.

saturation is too heavy... can tone down on the tone mapping stage... HDR should look realistic, not too fantasy looking :)

I will try it. Thank you. :)

My opinion of HDR is to bring out the details of shadows and also liven up some dull colours. It is not necessary to HDRed every pic. Therefore to successfully showcase HDR, the pic must have some spread of shadows, midtones and bright colours, then only you can bring out the effects of HDR. It is difficult to effectively do so with this pic.

That being said, the artificial colours shown in the pic is not likely to be the result of HDR, but probably adding excessive saturation and primary colours.

My 2cts. Thanks.

Jon

That really helps me to understand HDR. Thank You Bro. :D Next time,I will be careful.

It looks very much like an oil painting to me rather than HDR. Nevertheless I'm sure u will get it right soon!

Yeah. I am also think so. Thank you.

:) Thank you Kei.. I am from Mechatronic Engineering. :D How's about you?

i'm from business. forgot to state... probably at least 4 years your senior HAHA. i already finished army and am working now. and it's nice to see someone from NP around here.

Photomatrix??? Its company watermark is on the picture. xP

Its a wonderful program which do almost 75% of work for you. Even have template of alot of lighting/saturation.

The saturation is overdone, as stated by CSer, Thats the error i made doing my 1st HDR attempt too. I first thought that the saturation is very nice and outstanding, but i was wrong. Haha. xD

Try attempting again with the same picture. Add your saturation to about +5, don't over-enhance your image.

Cheers :D Good try.

*Just my 50cent i learn. Might be wrong. >.<

i'm from business. forgot to state... probably at least 4 years your senior HAHA. i already finished army and am working now. and it's nice to see someone from NP around here.

Nice To meet you My senior. :D I also finishing soon :D final year ald.. :D

Photomatrix??? Its company watermark is on the picture. xP

Its a wonderful program which do almost 75% of work for you. Even have template of alot of lighting/saturation.

The saturation is overdone, as stated by CSer, Thats the error i made doing my 1st HDR attempt too. I first thought that the saturation is very nice and outstanding, but i was wrong. Haha. xD

Try attempting again with the same picture. Add your saturation to about +5, don't over-enhance your image.

Cheers :D Good try.

*Just my 50cent i learn. Might be wrong. >.<

Yeah.. I thought my photo is best for me. :p Thank you for your advice I will try it.

Watermark is because I using trial version.. :p

Nice To meet you My senior. :D I also finishing soon :D final year ald.. :D

Yeah.. I thought my photo is best for me. :p Thank you for your advice I will try it.

Watermark is because I using trial version.. :p

Oh... May i know which version you're using? If its 4.0.1, i might have the license key for you! If you're really interested in this program, please pm me for for detail. xD

Absolutely free!!!
Cheers.

*I only have an additional license key, for one computer! Other CSer then Roboflame requesting license key will be ignored. Thanks :D