My first HDR, please comment

Status
Not open for further replies.

rgborj

Aug 9, 2007
Yishun
This is my first attempt with HDR... your comments is highly appreciated. Thank you.

1. Dusk
Dusk2.jpg

hdr - high dynamic range

meaning, the highlights and shadows are kept within reasonable limits with the aid of digital blending to ensure that all the details are properly exposed

now - after you've found out the more detailed explanation behind the term hdr

tell me - do you think this is done here? #1 is probably the strongest clue. whatever you have done here, can be done with massive saturation, a lot of sharpening, and overcontrasting and haphazard burning and dodging. cheers.

HA when i first saw the 3 letters HDR i had no idea why everyone has been using this term.

but thanks you very much night86mare for giving a explaining what it means and it.

thank you.

nice reflections of the sky, not bad for ur first attempt

Erm, this isn't HDR to be exact. There's no _high_ dynamic range to speak off, furthermore there's tons of shadow clipping.

It's nicely composed, with a beautiful sky, but the good news stops there.

Shadows are clipping. Where is the high dynamic range? This result can be achieved within a single shot.

I must say, it is a very good silhouette shot! Very nice water reflection and skyline. REally nice.

I must say, it is a very good silhouette shot! Very nice water reflection and skyline. REally nice.

However, it does not achieve the whole aim of HDR, that is, to get a high dynamic range. The dynamic range of this photo is anything but high.

However, it does not achieve the whole aim of HDR, that is, to get a high dynamic range. The dynamic range of this photo is anything but high.

ya, i agree..it is not a HDR. But still a great photo though in terms of color saturation and the silhouette effect it created though. It has a rather surreal feel to it in my opinion.

so u can avoid all the opposite comment from changing title from hdr to others...cheers...lol

so u can avoid all the opposite comment from changing title from hdr to others...cheers...lol

i beg to differ.

still too oversaturated until the point where details are lost, and you get almost no shadow detail. which is fine, but here it makes the pavillion blend with the treeline, a mass of black indistinct shapes may mean something to people who have been to the location before, but certainly not to fresh viewers.

over purplish sky is a tad too artificial, purple is best left until after the sun goes down, yellow and orange tones are surely, a better choice to take here; and the shadow/midtones which are relatively dark but still viewable, are all blue. this is a smorgasbord of colors gone riot.

last but not least, pavillion still seems tilted. understand that this is not your fault, it is naturally weird because i've been there before, but it is correctable, and will make the picture better.

I'm not ignoring or avoiding the opposite comments from others. There is in FACT some positive light in this picture which this photographer took pride in showing it to us, if you dun mind me saying this.

Everyone is in a learning curve. Everyone sees things differently. However, it is crucial not to just give negative feedback but to highlight areas where the photographer did well; it is just as crucial to continue encouraging our fellow enthusiast to keep trying, to learn viewing things in a different angle.

Dun we all agree??

sorry...i not means negatively...just means that the photo is a good shoot if using another title and help to differentiate the hdr ...sorry for any misunderstanding.

Status
Not open for further replies.