my first go with B&W film

Status
Not open for further replies.

coca88

Apr 15, 2003
On the streets where you live
Hi ,

Like to share some pix from my first time with b&w film . Any comments are welcome :)

Fresh beer from the wilderness

2553524-lg.jpg

I just found this interesting ; no description

2553527-lg.jpg

Life's got a long way to go

2553530-lg.jpg

Monster from the abyss

2553538-lg.jpg

coca88 said:
Hi witness ,

More contrast on the pictures ? :think:

I'm using the kodak tmax400
Tmax400...is a b/w film? i tot it's colour negs.

kodak b/w films are like that B???400, Tri-X etc etc
Ilford b/w 400s are good too.

coca88 said:
Hi witness ,

More contrast on the pictures ? :think:

I'm using the kodak tmax400

either do it using PS or use chromatic filters (eg red 25, green, yellow, orange... up to u lah) when u shoot.

excited to try my newly bought Kodak BW400CN! :D

yellow_kiwi said:
either do it using PS or use chromatic filters (eg red 25, green, yellow, orange... up to u lah) when u shoot.

excited to try my newly bought Kodak BW400CN! :D

Chromatic filters can only work if the scene have colors that can be blocked and transmitted by the particular filter.

The well known example: green and red apples. They will look alike in a black & white photo. But a green filter can make the green apples lighter and the red apple darker, so changing the contrast between the two types of apples.

Use chromatic filters carefully! if you want to make the sky dramatic, you may use a red filter. a thunderstorm effect may be achieved, but the trees and leaves may be very dark!

yeah...Student got a point there...chromatic filters can be a headache!

one way out is to edit your b/w photos using PS channel mixer...this will give you better flexibility...thus you only do filter enhancing in the digital darkroom and not on location.

khairi said:
Tmax400...is a b/w film? i tot it's colour negs.

kodak b/w films are like that B???400, Tri-X etc etc
Ilford b/w 400s are good too.

tmax IS a BW film. i think you are confused with kodak max400...

yup.....make it more contrasty....dunno about photoshop....but the programme i am using can adjust contrast for BnW for either R/G/B at one time...

Status
Not open for further replies.