My First Gallery

Status
Not open for further replies.

psx2sg

Mar 15, 2005
Tomato
Hey guys, please feel free to comment and advice... the photos taken are not very good thou, duo duo bao han!

P.S. please don scold me for not taking good photo hor :angel:

18514psa01-med.jpg

18514palv01-med.jpg

Great view u had got potential to be a scene stealer!
try a lower shutter speed

Hi psx2sg,

1) Some of your pics the horizon is slanted. Should take note of that.
2) Since it's a night shoot, you can try playing around more with a longer shutter speed.
3) Use a noise reduction program if you have the time.
4) If you were intending to shoot a city view like this, you can consider doing a pana shot. definately will work better.

2cts.;)

natnivek said:
Hi psx2sg,

1) Some of your pics the horizon is slanted. Should take note of that.
2) Since it's a night shoot, you can try playing around more with a longer shutter speed.
3) Use a noise reduction program if you have the time.
4) If you were intending to shoot a city view like this, you can consider doing a pana shot. definately will work better.

2cts.;)

Do you have any program that will do the noise reduction? Can the default progam (ARcsoft) do such editing??

Hi psx2sg,

Good try.
Btw, some of your pics look under, can try try with longer shutter speed :)
Keep it up and POST! POST! POST! :bsmilie:

psx2sg said:
Do you have any program that will do the noise reduction? Can the default progam (ARcsoft) do such editing??

You can look out for these software.

1) Neatimage
2) Noise ninja
3) Erm.... Can't remember the rest.

I'm currently using Neatimage. Some would argue that there are better programs but as long as it works for me, who cares... ;p

IM using Helicon Noise reduction.

Erm, the pic is very under expose. Keep on trying. :)

Prefer if u try at City area for some trial night shoot. :cool:

Actually there are many good spot for picture taking at Mt Faber but.... too bad, too many 'monkeys' around...

psx2sg said:
Actually there are many good spot for picture taking at Mt Faber but.... too bad, too many 'monkeys' around...

Thats why u had ur cam mah..

CATCH MONKEY!! :bsmilie:

hee hee...wanted too leh... but scared wait kenna chase by 'monkeys'.... maybe can organise a special firld trip to snap monkeys @ such places? What do you guys think??

monkeys? do keep posting update just in case i'm one of the monkeys caught!! :sweat:

Acually I have a question. if i have keep my shuttle open for too long, my picture will be looking like 'catch fire' and a lot of noise example : http://gallery.clubsnap.com/data/500/18514hdb04-med.jpg

so i have too keep the pict in a certain 'under expose' mode so tat it wouldn't appear to be like that.

I have always wanted my picture to captures only the light that i want(like the lights in the HDBs, lamppost etc) but not the 'artificial lights' on the sky, how can I do that?

From the LCD i can't really figure out am i taking over or under expose pictures, how can I be more cautious of that next time?

I've tried ISO auto, and ISO 400. exposure i've tried everythingfrom -3 to +3

U are using FZ???

ANyway. once u reach to ISO 400, the noise will come and visit you already.

Try ISO200 better.

josho said:
U are using FZ???

ANyway. once u reach to ISO 400, the noise will come and visit you already.

Try ISO200 better.

so is that the reason? so the higher ISO i use, the more noise it'll be? But i though higher ISO is for darker places or night shots?

psx2sg said:
I've tried ISO auto, and ISO 400. exposure i've tried everythingfrom -3 to +3

Yo ho.. since you shooting night scenery on tripod. set ISO to 80.

set cam on tripod. set to A mode, and use manual focus.
Check focus ok liao, then set back to M mode. Aperture the bigger the better, F8.0. then shutter speed, in our type of lighting, about 4 sec should be ok..

then see results.. if you find it over or under, set the shutter exposure less or more lor. Happy shooting!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.