My first few photos taken with my "new" Digital Cam

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kleinp

Apr 8, 2006
West Side
Hi all,
I had found out how to link picture in the forum already ... anyway will anyone comment on the pictures? As I am very new in this photography thingy .. i really hope comments would be able to make me learn faster ...

thanks in advance ..

SR3.jpg

SR5.jpg

SR1.jpg

SR2.jpg

that fly on wet leaf photo is pretty good... overall, composition is good because you framed the objects well... but the colors are alittle flat, maybe try to boost saturation/contrast up a little to see how that works...

Rev said:
that fly on wet leaf photo is pretty good... overall, composition is good because you framed the objects well... but the colors are alittle flat, maybe try to boost saturation/contrast up a little to see how that works...

Hey thanks alot for your comments .... would work more on the colors as I am now reading up books on photoshop .... still very new to photo stuffs :)

kunjack said:
hey...wad cam u using??? I also using digital cam to take photos...LOL....no money buy DSLR...haha:D

Well i am currently using minota A200 .. not a DSLR but i think it should be good enough for a newbie like me ... very keen to get a DSLR but I am afraid that after buying it would turn into a white elephant as I do not know how to make full use of it ...
:p:bsmilie:

Hi Kleinp,

I like your photo's and feel that you may have a good eye for photography.

Don't fall into the trap (well it is not a trap really....) don't think that you simply have to have a DSLR.

It all comes down to...." the brain...behind the eye...behind the camera !"

Keep shooting with what you have and post here.

You will find your limitations at some point and then you will look at getting a DSLR.

I look forward to your posts :)

Pablo said:
Hi Kleinp,

I like your photo's and feel that you may have a good eye for photography.

Don't fall into the trap (well it is not a trap really....) don't think that you simply have to have a DSLR.

It all comes down to...." the brain...behind the eye...behind the camera !"

Keep shooting with what you have and post here.

You will find your limitations at some point and then you will look at getting a DSLR.

I look forward to your posts :)

Pablo,
Thanks for your comments and you are very encouraging so much so that as a newbie like me i feel flattered :cool:

Well I have yet to find limitation yet and thinking of going into some course. For now, I am reading basic photography books that i borrowed from the library and find that learning from just "paper" is my limitation :bsmilie:

thanks for your comments once again :thumbsup:

no post processing on these photos?

should do some levels and add contrast as they're a little flat. i'm sure you'll find tutorials on how to do this on the net

kentay said:
no post processing on these photos?

should do some levels and add contrast as they're a little flat. i'm sure you'll find tutorials on how to do this on the net

Well the only processing i guess i did was to crop the picture and reduce the size ... now i am still reading up books on how to add better contrast and colours to the pictures ... anyway Ifind that the tutorials on canon's website seems not too bad :)

Status
Not open for further replies.