My first encounter with birds ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

cwongsm

May 26, 2003
East, Singapore
www.pbase.com
Dear all,

Here's one of the photos taken this morning (others are at Nature - Birds ). My very first time taken pictures for "Birds" ... pls kindly give me your comments ... :embrass:

Thank you !! :sweatsm:

29535529.jpg

Please do give me some advice ... really hope to improve ! :sweat:

hope to hear some comments soon ... thanks a lot

good effort to get a decent background. but background can still be improved. the tree trunk(?) to the left of the bird is distracting

exposure seems off. the neck which is dark metallic blue looks is underexposed and looks black while the yellow seems on the 'hot' side.

framing is sometimes a matter of taste but i think the bird is too high up in the frame in this case.

other plus points include interesting plant its on. not the usual heliconia at BG.

Points noted .. Thanks !!! ;)

erwinx said:
good effort to get a decent background. but background can still be improved. the tree trunk(?) to the left of the bird is distracting

exposure seems off. the neck which is dark metallic blue looks is underexposed and looks black while the yellow seems on the 'hot' side.

framing is sometimes a matter of taste but i think the bird is too high up in the frame in this case.

other plus points include interesting plant its on. not the usual heliconia at BG.

nice one!! i am totally lost for words.. but the flowers look a little too distracting le.... dun u think soo ?? :think:

thank you all for your comments !! ;)

Do you guys think that I can buy a 1.4x for the lens ? I am using Sigma lens for all these shots...

Hi Cwong,
I've seen this bird in the North too, Do u know what's the scientific name or species name for this bird? tks

dont sound like first attend but it is a nice shot. just a little bit nosiy from my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.