My first baby steps...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tachyon

Apr 6, 2007
Got my IR-modded D50 from David 2 weeks ago and managed to do some shooting today. Very interesting perspective... all my past experiences in color composition are different when taking in IR (hence the poor results)!

Hope to improve my IR skills with time...

#1:
IR-100.jpg

#2:
IR-101.jpg

#3:
IR-102.jpg

#4:
IR-105.jpg

#5:
IR-106.jpg

#6:
IR-104.jpg

i think your wb is adjusted wrongly

your plants (green) should appear white due to the 900nm sensitivity of the IR modded body

your WB is nothing wrong. For ELP filter you should try to set the WB pointing to different scene and choice the one you like most. Using a CF card to store the WB setting and keep this card in your pocket for future resetting.

your WB is nothing wrong. For ELP filter you should try to set the WB pointing to different scene and choice the one you like most. Using a CF card to store the WB setting and keep this card in your pocket for future resetting.

Thanks for your advise.:thumbsup: I have also learned a lot from your other post.
I have done a lot of conversions but minimal experience when it comes to actual shoot. :embrass:
Time to join photoshoot ;)

i think your wb is adjusted wrongly

your plants (green) should appear white due to the 900nm sensitivity of the IR modded body

You mean like this?

DSC_0011_RAW.jpg

I took my pictures in RAW/RAF format, so I can PS it to any color scheme I like... I just prefer the straw/golden color of the trees... but of course, not everyone likes it that way...

This works for me. :thumbsup:

You mean like this?

DSC_0011_RAW.jpg

I took my pictures in RAW/RAF format, so I can PS it to any color scheme I like... I just prefer the straw/golden color of the trees... but of course, not everyone likes it that way...

Status
Not open for further replies.