My Fireworks 03 Feb 2006

Status
Not open for further replies.

qing02051981

Dec 25, 2005
Simei
hancheng-travel.blogspot.com
My first try at fireworks. Can give some comments on how to improve?

I faced a problem during shooting. After 3 consecutive shots, I cannot press the remote anymore. Is it because the buffer is full?

what camera are you using?

cannot see your picture also lor.

your pics don't show up so i can't comment on them. as for your remote problem, your camera may be busy processing your shots or you may have turned on the auto-bracketing feature of your camera where each shot taken produces (likely) 3 images with different exposures.

in any case, why are you shooting in continuous-drive mode? for fireworks, switch to manual ("M" on the DIAL, NOT "MF"), set shutter speed past 30 secs until you see "BULB" (or something equivalent depending on your camera make -- see your manual), and set apperture to f/11 then expose (keep the shutter open via the remote - don't let go lah...) for between 5 and 15 secs (practice makes perfect). the key thing is to look out for the bright bursts - release your remote i.e. close the shutter immediately, otherwise your image will be completely bright. experiment, you still have a week left to try ;) good luck!

Maybe your Noise reduction you set as ON,i normally off it.
Please check.

Take firework use single shot,don't use continous.
Set the icon on top lcd to just the remote sign.

Trigger Happy said:
your pics don't show up so i can't comment on them. as for your remote problem, your camera may be busy processing your shots or you may have turned on the auto-bracketing feature of your camera where each shot taken produces (likely) 3 images with different exposures.

in any case, why are you shooting in continuous-drive mode? for fireworks, switch to manual ("M" on the DIAL, NOT "MF"), set shutter speed past 30 secs until you see "BULB" (or something equivalent depending on your camera make -- see your manual), and set apperture to f/11 then expose (keep the shutter open via the remote - don't let go lah...) for between 5 and 15 secs (practice makes perfect). the key thing is to look out for the bright bursts - release your remote i.e. close the shutter immediately, otherwise your image will be completely bright. experiment, you still have a week left to try ;) good luck!

I am shooting in bulb mode. So I should close the shutter immediately after I see the bright burst?

this might sound weird but the last one looks pretty cool imho. has the 'exagerrated' effect ya know? ;)

Use the MC-DC1 cable remote will be better then the IR remote, IMO.

qing02051981 said:
I am shooting in bulb mode. So I should close the shutter immediately after I see the bright burst?

only if you get bright fireworks, that's to avoid severe overexposure - and if you are in the habit of reviewing your pictures immediately, such a shot will probably blind you ;)

don't forget to change/ set your apperture to f/11. the pics show up now, they look generally ok. keep trying, just take note to straighten the horizon though.. unless its sheares bridge playing tricks with the eyes, in that case take it out of the pic or re-position your location ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.