My few treasured shots.

Status
Not open for further replies.

keatx

Nov 26, 2009
I'm new here, and also new to photography with a DSLR.
Just want to share some of my shots that I like.

Might not be good but still, I like them and I'm in the process of learning and improving. :)
Comments and critique are welcomed, I would love hear from your and learn.

*Pardon me if some shots is not really considered abstract and still life.

4146884991_18e2bebc35_b.jpg

4147625566_6fa5bfcdfe_b.jpg

Last edited:
Sometimes dead centre is deadly and I see it in pic #2. Try following the Rule of Third. Maybe you will find it better.

Sometimes dead centre is deadly and I see it in pic #2. Try following the Rule of Third. Maybe you will find it better.

Ok I'll go check up on it. Thanks. :)

4162220194_242f8654a3_b.jpg

4161479383_bbe9ee4f44_b.jpg

4161464603_911488481b_b.jpg

Picture 2 is pretty decent :thumbsup:, just that you need to be more careful with the background and crop tighter. The white patch of white at the left is a little distracting, try to avoid it to achieve a more pleasant background. Here is an improved version:

4164274349_2de5aa6c20_o.jpg

I added more contrast (7), more shadow (10) & highlight (15), underexposed a little and brightened up a bit. Then increase color saturation to about 10-15. Finally, sharpened it to about 5; It could be sharper if you want but I find that noise appears to be more apparent with more sharpening, you may have used a higher ISO for this shot. :)

Picture 2 is pretty decent :thumbsup:, just that you need to be more careful with the background and crop tighter. The white patch of white at the left is a little distracting, try to avoid it to achieve a more pleasant background.

I added more contrast (7), more shadow (10) & highlight (15), underexposed a little and brightened up a bit. Then increase color saturation to about 10-15. Finally, sharpened it to about 5; It could be sharper if you want but I find that noise appears to be more apparent with more sharpening, you may have used a higher ISO for this shot. :)

Hey thanks. I'll take note of your advice. :D
Your improved version of it looks nicer.

Ya I took it with a higher ISO, 'cause it was a bit dark outside due to the rainy weather.
I'm also very new to photography, and I haven't learn how to edit photos yet. :confused:
I'm going to learn photoshop CS4 soon, hopefully.

But is it possible to actually achieve good photos without editing? Or photography just cannot do without photoshop?

It is possible to get good photos without editing, but it is a rare occasion which only happens once in a while.

Too many factors can affect the outcome of your photos; what you see is not really what you get as some may believe. And every camera will show you different result. The world is not perfect, including equipments).

You have full control of the photos, not the camera. And digital editing really gives you the control, unlike the in past where you really have to accept whatever results you get from shooting in film, and many professional photographers really waste a lot of film by shooting many rolls of film just to get a few perfect shots.

It was an expensive hobbies in the past. Unlike the present, anyone can take pretty decent shots now.

the picture looks kinda incomplete to me..
cutting off the bottom is fine but i think it'd be better if you had not cut off the head-stock of the guitar haha
very good exposure and color though ! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.