My Family

Status
Not open for further replies.
Something to share with you guys. Most people i shown this to don't like it but its 1 of my personal favourites.

I see 3 groups of stalks, each representing a member of a family - the left is the less dominant parent, the center thick stalk is the dominant head of the house and the single small strand on the right is the child who is relatively weak.

The setting is akin to a desert and the subtle trail show journey, harship and fragile unity.

tltan

Apr 18, 2005
www.flickr.com
Hi Sharpion,

I like the idea behind the shot.

Was wondering, will it be another good shot if you pull the frame diagonally down towards the left and show the long draggy shadows of your subject.

Anyway, I like the shot. Simple but nice

Regards,
tltan

jOhO

Apr 20, 2003
Singapore
www.expressivelyjoho.com
if u hadn't explained what you saw i would never have interpreted it that way. but since u did, i think it's great.

however, i fee a photograph shouldn't need a narative to make it good. without ur narrative i would think it's an abstract image of some grass that given more space (on top and left) might be nicer. :)

richliow

Jul 9, 2005
Sharpion said:
Something to share with you guys. Most people i shown this to don't like it but its 1 of my personal favourites.

I see 3 groups of stalks, each representing a member of a family - the left is the less dominant parent, the center thick stalk is the dominant head of the house and the single small strand on the right is the child who is relatively weak.

The setting is akin to a desert and the subtle trail show journey, harship and fragile unity.
I likened your shot to be representing the helplessness of being human,
that you are rooted into a cold hard world.
with nothing to look forward to.

And your whole family is also in the same situation. nothing to sight at all in the future

richliow said:
I likened your shot to be representing the helplessness of being human,
you are rooted into a cold hard world.
with nothing to look forward to.

And your whole family is also in the same situation. nothing to sight at all in the future
wow, thats quite a cool thought - rooted to the cold hard world :thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom