My EOS 350D took a nap?

Status
Not open for further replies.

huaiwei

Sep 21, 2003
Hougang
www.facebook.com
I have had my 350D since April last year with no major incident, then on 31st Dec 2005, it suddenly lost power in the middle of my shots, and no longer powers up since then. The battery in use was recently charged, and I switched to a second battery in case it was a power problem. It still does not respond. What in the world happened before I send it down to Canon for servicing? Thanks!

jialat..now 350D seems to have more problems..300D didn't seem to have as many.

Just bring down to canon, you're under warranty, so shldn't be very expensive. Did you drop it or expose it to any water etc?

All the best to your 350D,

Fellow 350D/300D user

Will be going down to Canon now. Sob sob. I have not dropped it before, although it might have tasted a tiny bit of water from small drizzles it experienced months before (despite me attempting to shield it). See how it goes then. Thanks! :)

huaiwei said:
Will be going down to Canon now. Sob sob. I have not dropped it before, although it might have tasted a tiny bit of water from small drizzles it experienced months before (despite me attempting to shield it). See how it goes then. Thanks! :)

Poor Guy! :eek: It is probably one in a million which experience it! Bad luck though!

Hmm...very strange. Do keep us updated on the outcome!

Heh....I sent it to Canon that day, and imagine the feeling when the staff popped in his battery and hey presto...it worked!

Just to be damn sure thou, I asked for them to take the camera in for a check. :D

Must be the weather. My TV just died as well!!

huaiwei said:
Moisture?

You mention that your camera was caught in the rain. PCB got affected by the rain and work inconsistantly. It happen to my handphone too. After the rain it worked for another 5 mths and then died. Reason from service center : PCB destroyed by water/mositure.

Oh yes I forgot to give an update. :D

Anyway I got my Canon back...and yeah, they insisted its alright. So is my battery and my charger. Happy, I took my camera back, fixed on my lens, and on another day, took it out for phototaking again.

Interestingly, the very first time I used it after getting it back, the exact same problem struck again! The LCD and the camera froze after a shot, and I have to switch it off and on, but it refuses to turn on again. Furious, I removed the battery, the card, even the lens, and just left it on the bench while I went about using my other camera. An hour later of so, it worked again after replacing everything (the first time it went blank, it refused to work even after a day, although I did not remove the battery and card for extended periods).

It is working fine now...with no repeats of the dreaded sudden death. Pray to God it dosent happen again, for my warranty is ending soon! :D

just want to share, I had the same problem with my eos300D before. But later i knew what was the problem: the battery compartment was not locked properly :D. I think the lock was released when i mounted the body to the tripod.

cheers,

bonifas

Status
Not open for further replies.