My Emoblitz 328.. sob sob..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hexlord

Dec 25, 2004
Kuala Lumpur
www.facebook.com
Hi guys... just finished talking to a friend on the phone..

This is really shocking. My Emoblitz flash literally goes BANG!! and it refuses to work after that..
although the first few flash shots were great...

Here's how it happened.

1) Took out the flash from the box.
2) Inserted new Sanyo rechargeables (even charged them in the office)
3) Find insertion a bit difficult but managed to in the end.
4) Took a few shots of a figurine I had.. tried out W1, W2, S and T setting.. so far so good.
5) Put a diffuser on.
6) First shot.. BANG!

Man, going to get it changed tomorrow. :cry: :cry: :angry:

Ouch! Do tell us what was the cause when you've brought it down.

G-man said:
Ouch! Do tell us what was the cause when you've brought it down.

Yeah man.. hope to learn what really happened. Could be that the bulb just died or something :confused:

what happen??? i was suprise to hear this :eek:

Hexlord said:
Hi guys... just finished talking to a friend on the phone..

This is really shocking. My Emoblitz flash literally goes BANG!! and it refuses to work after that..
although the first few flash shots were great...

Here's how it happened.

1) Took out the flash from the box.
2) Inserted new Sanyo rechargeables (even charged them in the office)
3) Find insertion a bit difficult but managed to in the end.
4) Took a few shots of a figurine I had.. tried out W1, W2, S and T setting.. so far so good.
5) Put a diffuser on.
6) First shot.. BANG!

Man, going to get it changed tomorrow. :cry: :cry: :angry:

well don't fret. happened to me already...got mine fixed. just head down to the factory and get it repaired..will take about 30 minutes.. mine was abit longer as i thought no one was gonna service me then this guy asked me what i was waiting there for.. :angel:

Any idea what's the cause of the "bang"? Was it a battery short-circuit, or a design flaw?

Hmmm... would that lead to a recall of all the 328's in the market? :dunno:

huggable said:
Any idea what's the cause of the "bang"? Was it a battery short-circuit, or a design flaw?

Hmmm... would that lead to a recall of all the 328's in the market? :dunno:

not sure. during the time i was using the flash it was still new. was playing around with it when the last flash turned out to be a bang! lol. i only got it fixed weeks later when i had time to get to the place..

metallilan said:
not sure. during the time i was using the flash it was still new. was playing around with it when the last flash turned out to be a bang! lol. i only got it fixed weeks later when i had time to get to the place..

Wait wait.. how do I go to this factory? Does that mean I can't go to the shop to change? :(

Hexlord said:
Wait wait.. how do I go to this factory? Does that mean I can't go to the shop to change? :(

well if its under warranty [not the shop one the one which u fill in the form and send] you can get it repaired...mine was so...i had to go to the factory to get the bulb repaired. mine is working fine since i got it repaired. went to labrador park for a macro shootout and i put the stress test to my flash. ;p

metallilan said:
well if its under warranty [not the shop one the one which u fill in the form and send] you can get it repaired...mine was so...i had to go to the factory to get the bulb repaired. mine is working fine since i got it repaired. went to labrador park for a macro shootout and i put the stress test to my flash. ;p

Thanks man.. really felt like this just now ;(

Now feeling better.. my friend is incidentally talking to me about getting a SB600 for himself :bsmilie:

Hmmmm, so it seems it could be a regular occurance. Ah well, as long as it works after fixing, that's cool.

Latest update: Changed the flash from the guy who originally sold me the flash, tested a few shots at the shop, so far so good :)

Hexlord said:
Latest update: Changed the flash from the guy who originally sold me the flash, tested a few shots at the shop, so far so good :)
Bro, where did u get it and how much is the 'damage'?
Iz it got any auto setting? Would like to buy this flash...
Thanks...

daden said:
Bro, where did u get it and how much is the 'damage'?
Iz it got any auto setting? Would like to buy this flash...
Thanks...

emoblitz ds328az flash very the simple ar...about $55 or so depends if you can bargain. Very simple to use one ar...only have on/off, hotshoe sync/wiress sync1[2 strobe]/wireless scync2[2 strobe]. only syncs wireless if the shutter speed about 1/60 - 1/160[tested this myself] and aperture 2.8. but any aperture would do as long as shutter speed within 1/60 or so.

btw i got mine from alan cp

Note =>
wireless sync 1 is for day time use..
wireless sync 2 is for night time use.

Difference is in day, the panasonic flash is reduced, and used as fill flash. only 1 flash is emitted.

At night/low light, the flash actually fires twice, 1st time to test the brightness and amount and white balance, 2nd time is the actual flash when images are taken.
Digital cameras always fires two flashes because of the reasons above. That's why Emoblitz is a digital slave, not just a slave. It can detect the firing of the flash twice, and treat it as 1 shot. Other normal slave flashes cannot.
in Sync 2, the slave will anticipate the 1st flash and ignore it, and will fire only on the 2nd flash.

Beware the 2 modes.

unseen said:
Note =>
wireless sync 1 is for day time use..
wireless sync 2 is for night time use.

Difference is in day, the panasonic flash is reduced, and used as fill flash. only 1 flash is emitted.

At night/low light, the flash actually fires twice, 1st time to test the brightness and amount and white balance, 2nd time is the actual flash when images are taken.
Digital cameras always fires two flashes because of the reasons above. That's why Emoblitz is a digital slave, not just a slave. It can detect the firing of the flash twice, and treat it as 1 shot. Other normal slave flashes cannot.
in Sync 2, the slave will anticipate the 1st flash and ignore it, and will fire only on the 2nd flash.

Beware the 2 modes.

hmm so i suppose sync 2 is for slow-sync flash mode eh? the one that fires 2 flashs?

metallilan said:
hmm so i suppose sync 2 is for slow-sync flash mode eh? the one that fires 2 flashs?

slow sync has more to do with shutter speed (slow) than the flash (which still fires one main flash).

mpenza said:
slow sync has more to do with shutter speed (slow) than the flash (which still fires one main flash).

If the cam itself does not support any TTL mode, does it mean that it can still do with slow sync so long the external flash has its function? :dunno: :dunno:

Just want to make sure my understanding is correct...care to enlighten me a little?

Status
Not open for further replies.