My Dream FF Camera (but its just a dream!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

george671

Dec 10, 2009
Bangkok
www.snakephoto.blogspot.com
Lately I've been pondering what I really need in a FF Body...though most of the time DX is all I need....:think:

1. Full Frame sensor in a mostly metal body with a Kodak sensor without filters of any kind (similier to the leica M9) or, I would be just as happy with the Fuji type sensor found in the S3/S5 pro bodies..Its funny how the folks who make film still know how to pick or make a good sensor!

2. Simple controls and no movie capability (Keeps the price down).

3. Dual memory card capability (SD would be fine) along with full size usb port so one can directly down load to a memory stick of some kind etc.

4. Removable pentaprism...(remember waistlevel finders for the older film Nikons? )

5. User replaceable screen so that we can easily put in split screen etc for our manual focus lenses etc....For that matter I could dispense altogether with autofocus but others will disagree.

6. Dual shutter release (portrait/landscape)...Shutter release should accept old style manual cable release!....Dual tripod mounts (bottom and side)

7. Use rechargeable AA batteries...and include two sets of battery trays with initial purchase...also the body should include a DC port to allow an external power source ...i.e. AC adapter etc.

8. Super clean ISO from 50 - 6400!

9. The body shell of the D3/s/x works for me.

10. 5 frames per second is fast enough for me.

;)I figure sometimes the engineers that make cameras read these forums so feel free to put in your dream body. (camera that is. Ha HA :bsmilie:)

Cheers

Last edited:
Hope your dream come true

I forsee a very hefty price tag if this product ever comes out to the market. :cry:

D3s is enough for me.

Just give me a damn good sensor, a damn big viewfinder, flash sync speed of D70, D3 body, 1 fps and I will be damn satisfied.

I don't see the point of having a fps that's not that fast but not that slow.... I would rather use single frame if it's not fast enough...

able to attach any brand's lenses without any handicap. yes!

6. Dual shutter release (portrait/landscape)...Shutter release should accept old style manual cable release!....Dual tripod mounts (bottom and side)

Dual tripod mounts? Why?? L-plate is faster.

And old style cable release? really? Interval time lapse shooters will hate you.

7. Use rechargeable AA batteries...and include two sets of battery trays with initial purchase...also the body should include a DC port to allow an external power source ...i.e. AC adapter etc.

Highly unlikely that any camera maker will put anything other than Lithium Ions for higher end camera bodies.

The Fuji S3 pro is still quite popular and one of the many reasons is its use of AA rechargeable batteries...Any way, most bodies also have the Lithium battery...one needs to buy the battery grip to get the AA choice...

L bracketts are quicker than what? 2 holes rather than one does not perclude those of you who want to spend for an L bracket...And besides L brackets sometimes have to be removed to get at a port or remove a battery or card...etc. And for that matter, two quick release plates could remain pretty much permanent on the body!

An old fashion cable release does not preclude electronic shutter conections in any way......

Cheers

You still need to mount 2 QR plates with 2 holes.

And if you have 2 holes with 2 QR plates, the ports will all have to go somewhere else... So what's the difference of having an L-plate or having 2 holes if the ports are moved? If you need to remove the QR plates for any reason, you only have to remove one L plate versus 2 QR plates.

Dual tripod mounts? Why?? L-plate is faster.

And old style cable release? really? Interval time lapse shooters will hate you.

Sorry for the OT here. Daredevil123 why is the mentioned L bracket preferred over a rotate-able tripod head which can easily adjusted from landscape to portrait view. Saw the pic of the L bracket in your other post & curious. Is it ex & where can get one? Thanks.

You still need to mount 2 QR plates with 2 holes.

And if you have 2 holes with 2 QR plates, the ports will all have to go somewhere else... So what's the difference of having an L-plate or having 2 holes if the ports are moved? If you need to remove the QR plates for any reason, you only have to remove one L plate versus 2 QR plates.

You can have your camera any way you want...I still want 2 mounting holes....I'm sure the same designer that chooses to include 2 mounts has sense enough to locate the port flap on the opposite side...You would not need to even buy the L plate if the Camera body were designed better!

Cheers

Lately I've been pondering what I really need in a FF Body...though most of the time DX is all I need....:think:

1. Full Frame sensor in a mostly metal body with a Kodak sensor without filters of any kind (similier to the leica M9) or, I would be just as happy with the Fuji type sensor found in the S3/S5 pro bodies..Its funny how the folks who make film still know how to pick or make a good sensor!

3. Dual memory card capability (SD would be fine) along with full size usb port so one can directly down load to a memory stick of some kind etc.

4. Removable pentaprism...(remember waistlevel finders for the older film Nikons? )

5. User replaceable screen so that we can easily put in split screen etc for our manual focus lenses etc....For that matter I could dispense altogether with autofocus but others will disagree.

;)I figure sometimes the engineers that make cameras read these forums so feel free to put in your dream body. (camera that is. Ha HA :bsmilie:)

Cheers

I don't hope for that complicated system. Just hope to have a FF digital back to be attached to my faithful fm2; like those MF camera.

Cheers

I will buy this dream body. Then hope they produce my dream lens 12mm-800mm(35mm eqv) f2.8 zoom that has the size of current 70-200mm.:bsmilie:;p

I will buy this dream body. Then hope they produce my dream lens 12mm-800mm(35mm eqv) f2.8 zoom that has the size of current 70-200mm.:bsmilie:;p

Don't forget, the price must be around there also :bsmilie:

No point having that lens available when it costs around the price of your house

Sorry for the OT here. Daredevil123 why is the mentioned L bracket preferred over a rotate-able tripod head which can easily adjusted from landscape to portrait view. Saw the pic of the L bracket in your other post & curious. Is it ex & where can get one? Thanks.

With the L plate, you can go to portrait orientation but the tripod head will still be in normal orientation. 2 advantages, #1 it is a lot more maneuverable than having the ball post in that one slot. #2, the center of gravity stays in the centre of the entire setup, which is a lot more stable.

You can have your camera any way you want...I still want 2 mounting holes....I'm sure the same designer that chooses to include 2 mounts has sense enough to locate the port flap on the opposite side...You would not need to even buy the L plate if the Camera body were designed better!

Cheers

Thing is L plate is usually around the price of 2 standard QR plates or less. But, whatever rocks your boat. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.