My Dell "Ctrl" Key dropped out!

Status
Not open for further replies.

germ_boi

Oct 3, 2003
Sedna, Orion Stars
Visit site
As above, how to fix? Which shop in SLS can fix?

Haha, as of now, I;m using scotch tape to tape it back in, with supporting tape from the four corners touching the side of the key, the shift key and fn key. haha

As above, how to fix? Which shop in SLS can fix?

Haha, as of now, I;m using scotch tape to tape it back in, with supporting tape from the four corners touching the side of the key, the shift key and fn key. haha
Bring it back to Dell or try those 2nd hand notebook shops behind on the 6th level :).

Hi,

Most likely you can just replace the button, if need to change the whole keyboard, it is a very simple process if you are able to get hold of a replacement keyboard (be it new or old).

To change the Dell notebook keyboard: turn the notebook around, you will see quite a number of screws with a "k" next to it. Un-screw all the screws with the mark "k" will release the keyboard, the keyboard is linked to the computer board by a Ribbon cable.

If you want cheapest solution, go to SLS, look for those shops behinds with alots of very old notebook, you might be able to find one old keyborad from the computer. Ask around, some shops (those computer/noteboon repair shop) may have keyboard alone in stock.

But first check with Dell, how much is the replacement of the button or the whole keyboard before you decide on the DIY repair.

To change the Dell notebook keyboard: turn the notebook around, you will see quite a number of screws with a "k" next to it. Un-screw all the screws with the mark "k" will release the keyboard, the keyboard is linked to the computer board by a Ribbon cable.

not all dell keyboard are like this. some Latitudes are from the top

still under warranty? completecover? i think it's covered. ask dell to replace it.

Ask DCA to give you his "Ctrl" since he doesn't use it.

by the way, no more warranty. This Inspiron 6000 has been serving for 2yrs and more. =D very satisfied with it. running windows and ubuntu on it

except the weight is heavy thats all.

haha, yes you are the only correct one =P

sian ok hope it's cheaper with Dell, otherwise must visit a place I really dont like... SLS. so crowded and smokey sometimes

smokey? they ban smoking inside long ago...

Yah, but still can smell smoke if you walk along the inner shops.
At Sim Lim Tower, they actually constantly make those PA announcements in English and Chinese to tell people cannot smoke inside. :bsmilie:

Yah, but still can smell smoke if you walk along the inner shops.
At Sim Lim Tower, they actually constantly make those PA announcements in English and Chinese to tell people cannot smoke inside. :bsmilie:

they forgot to remind those who can't understand English & Chinese... :bsmilie:

if u need parts...there's this guy on hwz taking in parts and all...perhaps u can check with him.....

You can connect a external keyboard and use :sweatsm:

Status
Not open for further replies.