My daughter's shoot

Status
Not open for further replies.

nokin

Dec 18, 2003
Singapore
Visit site
Hi guys, my 15 year old have been asking me to help her post some of her shots taken at the zoo for comments and critiques. These shots were taken with a Minolta S304, 3.2megpixel P&S. All shot in Auto mode.

I did auto contrast and slight USM on the original pics.

Appreciate your constructive comments to help her improve. Thanks.

34753-med-PICT0011.JPG

34754-med-PICT0028.JPG

34756-med-PICT0005.JPG

34755-med-PICT0049_1.jpg

34758-med-PICT0036.JPG

:thumbsup: For a 15 year old, she's not too bad. Keep up the good work! :thumbsup:

I like the last pic... If she could frame the tiger such that the tiger is in the same pose and everything but at the top left of the frame to give the tiger a sense of searching for something with the pose.

Keep up the great work! So much potential!

good shots overall...

when i was 15, i know shits about taking photos.. ;)

wow like daddy like daughter!

really nice shots coming from a 15-year-old!

keep it up girl!

Thanks guys for all your encouragements. She has some interest in photogrpahy, but don't know if it'll last.

She has read the encouragements posted here and is happy about it and said that she will try to shoot more to explore herself in photography.

Thanks again guys.

y0ngcheng said:
Ah! She must have a very good camera! :p :blah: ;p :devil:

As posted, she used my old 3.2mega pixel Minolta P&S for the shots.

behyx said:
wow like daddy like daughter!

really nice shots coming from a 15-year-old!

keep it up girl!

Thanks hehyx, I'm still learning photography. Have a weakness, can't visualise a good picture when there is one and bad at composition.

Still have a lot to learn.

nickmack - thanks for your suggestion, she will keep in mind.

CYRN said:
I like pic 3... :lovegrin:

Thanks CRYN and Fred.

CRYN - don't you think pic 3 is underexposed? And the background color is almost the same color as the animals, does it not make them indistinct and does not capture attention?

nokin said:
Thanks CRYN and Fred.

CRYN - don't you think pic 3 is underexposed? And the background color is almost the same color as the animals, does it not make them indistinct and does not capture attention?

Given a p&s and a pop up flash, that's good already... exposure control can learn later... proper use of flash control and understanding of flash limitation comes after the ability to capture "the moment". She's using "auto" mode anyway.

What I see in the pic is a gentle and somewhat submissive female cuddling to a protective male. :thumbsup:

BTW pic 3 can be "saved" by some PS work. :devil:

Lastly, maybe you like to advice that for situation like pic #1.. try fill in flash. dunnoe if the flash have enough reach or not tho.. :sweat:

CYRN said:
Given a p&s and a pop up flash, that's good already... exposure control can learn later... proper use of flash control and understanding of flash limitation comes after the ability to capture "the moment". She's using "auto" mode anyway.

What I see in the pic is a gentle and somewhat submissive female cuddling to a protective male. :thumbsup:

BTW pic 3 can be "saved" by some PS work. :devil:

Lastly, maybe you like to advice that for situation like pic #1.. try fill in flash. dunnoe if the flash have enough reach or not tho.. :sweat:

Thanks and points moted :thumbsup:

I like the last photos(white tiger). Was this photos being crop? If not she really has good eyes and great sense of compostion.Great to start at this teen age!!Good potential.

Hosea said:
I like the last photos(white tiger). Was this photos being crop? If not she really has good eyes and great sense of compostion.Great to start at this teen age!!Good potential.

Thanks Hosea. Other than auto contrast and slight USM, all the photo are as they were shot.

Here're a few more uncropped shots by her for comments. Hope I not boring you guys with the usual animal shots.

35012-med-PICT0022.JPG

35015-med-PICT0017.JPG

34858-med-PICT0039.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.