My D7000 dream broken

Status
Not open for further replies.

pchengws

Oct 26, 2009
Red Dot Island
Hi All,

I called Nikon Centre and good to find out D7000 will be on sales early Nov by the appointed dealers. The bad news is that it does not sell body only kit in Singapore. The initial offer body with 18-105mm cost about S$2299. That is not the lens i plan to buy.

I need to replan to order from overseas or wait long long for the body kit to sell here or go for Canon 5D body plus lens I want.

Any better news for me from CSers? :sweat:

why not call up MS color. They could sell you just the body only. :)

Buy and sell the lens away on BnS?

Might be better and cheaper than the whole hassle of buying overseas sets without local warranty.

:)

MS Color can not confirm the available kit. No stock till mid Nov. Most likely what Nikon news is correct. No Body only kit for the initial offering. :thumbsd:

Same case with my previous D90 purchase. Nikon don't sell body only.

For my case, I asked the shopkeeper to buy D90 body only, but the shopkeeper gave me the box of D90 box+kit lens 18-105 VR, without gave me the the lens.

Look like the same case is repeated with D7000 sale.

Nothing new what..... it has been like that since 2004.

People typically but the kit and sell the kit lens shortly after. You can do the same.

MS Color can not confirm the available kit. No stock till mid Nov. Most likely what Nikon news is correct. No Body only kit for the initial offering. :thumbsd:
there is no way to please everybody.
sell kit set........ "I don't need/want the lens leh"
sell body only............."wah! so expensive"

and later........
"why no stocks?"
"why got so many people selling B&S?"
"any problem with D7000?"
"should I wait for price to come down?"
"should I wait for new model?"

the cycle go on and on and on and no ending.:sticktong

But i did bought my d90 body alone.. although the set is HK set. i bought mine at max photo. Maybe you can try?

just my 2cents

Normally the first couple of shipments will be body+kit... then a couple weeks later, they will have body only.

Can already see in the US, first shipments were body+kit.. Now about a week later, they are selling body only.

and later........
"why no stocks?"

Mod, some other common questiong , even I myself sometimes can't control would like to post :confused::

What lens for D7000?
(Maybe) D7000 picture too bright/ image too purple/ 's purple like blue/ cannot focus etc...
D7000 or D90? (any combination for Nikon line up e.g.: D300S vs D7000) etc.
Is it a right time to get D90/ D7000?
(Don't laugh) How much is D7000 now? Where to get D7000 ? Recommend me a place to get D7000 (or any Dxxx, Dxx, Dx etc.....)
Etc... it's a nightmare's cycle! :confused:

Maybe the helpdesk/ CS officer doesn't know the answer , anyhow answer?

buy n sell away the kit lens.
eg d90
if u compare the recent price for the kit and body only, u might find that buyin the kit and then selling the kit lense away is a better deal......

anyway, tat's the plan i hv

and later........
"why no stocks?"

You are right. Can not please everyone, but I have planned from the first time I see D7000 sells body kit. I wanted to buy only the good lens I want and are not available on my E-P1.

My brother-in-Law D90 has the same lens and he is not using it also. therefore if I really want it can always borrow from him. I want good fast wide, Prime + macro and tele-zoom. I rather save up few months to get a good lens than go for less quality lens and want to improve to a better lens later and waste more money.

I did not tell my wife, but each lens I prepared for near S$2000 each piece. May be even good to go into FX when my grandchildren due next few years.

You are right. Can not please everyone, but I have planned from the first time I see D7000 sells body kit. I wanted to buy only the good lens I want and are not available on my E-P1.

My brother-in-Law D90 has the same lens and he is not using it also. therefore if I really want it can always borrow from him. I want good fast wide, Prime + macro and tele-zoom. I rather save up few months to get a good lens than go for less quality lens and want to improve to a better lens later and waste more money.

I did not tell my wife, but each lens I prepared for near S$2000 each piece. May be even good to go into FX when my grandchildren due next few years.

I'm just curious...is there anything wrong with the 18-105mm lens? I thought of buying it for general walkabout.

Status
Not open for further replies.