My D7000 dream broken

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello daredevil, I agree if the kit lens is 300 SGD, but if I calculate from SGD1770 import the body kit compare to the S$2,299 difference is S$529. I am not sure S$2299 need to add the 7% GST. It is just too much to keep for spare. It is half the price of a good prime lens already.

It will not sell at strictly RRP. And in Singapore, all public price tags have to be inclusive of gst by law.

D90 kit had a RRP of 1988 when first released. And after the initial madness (first month or so), prices came down to 1650-1750.

Camera bodies and kit lenses only offer local warranty. So you will not get any warranty whatsoever for import sets.

And you cannot fault the higher pricing as D7000 is a much better spec'ed camera than the D90.

I am very sure you can buy the kit set with the lens removed. That was the case when I bought my D90. Came with everything in a kit packaging but without the kit lens @ body only pricing.

Prices are all listed. You can do what you need to get the camera within your budget. If you cannot afford it, then buy a set you can. Your call. No use whining about it.

Last edited:
I'm just curious...is there anything wrong with the 18-105mm lens? I thought of buying it for general walkabout.

unless he already has all the lenses he needs. no point getting another paper weight. btw I am not saying 18-105 is not good. However, from the way TS put it, it seems like he is eyeing all those f2.8 f1.8 f1.4 lenses.

Just sell it for $300, sure many will grab and meetup the same night to transact. Goodness man, it is not that hard to see. Lose $50-80 (selling 350-380, but face aeroplane buyers), not a lot to pay for it right.

based on historical retail selling price, this 18105mm kit should be priced at about $250-280.

this means, if the body is $X, then with this 18105mm bundled, it will cost $X+$250/280.

let's me just assume, based on $2299 RRP, that popular shops could be selling this D7K+Kit for about S$1988 (auspicious number :) )

this means, when they start selling body only, D7K could be in the region of S$1730...

if this is correct, then it is more expensive than i'd thought initially :embrass:

expensive than in USA, still got 2 yrs warranty

I concur bro. Cheers.

There are three phases of life. Student get help from parents or make some own pocket money to buy the camera and lenses. You are happy to get what you can afford.

When you start working, you look back to your lens you start wanting a better lens. If your wife do not demand money from you or even can support you, you will go for a better lens. You forget the pain you save up for the first lens.

Now you come to retirement. You have saving, if your children is good to you. You allowed to get what you like, again you forget the last two phases.

Only your children pick up all the three phases of lenses then think why grandfather waste so much money on lenses. Why not get one good lens and be done with it.

Yeah, does not look good for those waiting for the D7K BO before the holidays.

This is what I'm hoping for too, but before end Nov...

Looking at some replies from shops, even the B+K could take another 2 weeks, doubt BO will be any sooner. SG always so slow compared to other more 'privileged' countries.

Just sell it for $300, sure many will grab and meetup the same night to transact. Goodness man, it is not that hard to see. Lose $50-80 (selling 350-380, but face aeroplane buyers), not a lot to pay for it right.

You are assuming that everyone got time to do such things - A lot of effort is required to do this - monitor the thread or phone calls, making arrangements to meet the person who may or may not turn up, etc., just to sell something that would not be required to do if they had sell the body alone. Not forgetting there might be a lot of people who already have their own lens collection would be selling this as well!

Well, need to put in some effort to hv things done ur way or mine...

Be the first few to sell or the last . . . ;)

anyway, there are some who posted to see who is willing to get the lens only.
Then you can happily go shopping with the person. You get the body and he get his lens. :D

Selling and buying in BnS is not easy . . . i agreed. :)

You are assuming that everyone got time to do such things - A lot of effort is required to do this - monitor the thread or phone calls, making arrangements to meet the person who may or may not turn up, etc., just to sell something that would not be required to do if they had sell the body alone. Not forgetting there might be a lot of people who already have their own lens collection would be selling this as well!

Actually I have sold 2 kit lenses before, arranged to meetup and then sell. No issues. I have sold 3 other lenses as well. There are some tips n tricks so that you are not at the losing end. Problem is when sellers still want a decent price, you can do that but then make sure you have the time to entertain. Its like doing business, some know how to do, some do not.

But hang on, not sure if i am getting you or others correctly.... Someone wants to get a D7k *now*, but don't want to (1) pay a higher price/lose money in the process (2) not put in much effort? Difficult lah. :)

I also want an income of 200k per annum, and pump in only about 2000 man hours of effort, and the business automatically roll in, brudder... :)

What the guys are facing now, is the same as what I and many others faced for D70 in Jan 30 2004, D200 on Dec 26th here in SG, for the D300, for the D90, etc etc....

Last edited:
Dear Bros, Points taken. Real issue is not over the kit lens. I am in hobby of taking photo hence good in buying lenses, appreciate what a good lens can do for me, but very very poor in selling lenses (time and bargaining). I have ever try sell a complete set of Nikon P5000 with tele and wide convertor plus SB600 flash. It cost me near S$3000 to buy when I was working in China, and the shop in Singapore offer me S$80 for the entire set. S$80 is for the flash they do not want the camera. That was the last time I try to sell anything away. At the end I gave it to my daugther's friend to start his interest in taking photography. Likewise I am giving out the E-P1 set to my son when I get the D7000 or actually thinking of the Canon 5DMark II since it is S$1000 difference to bring me direct to Full frame. Crazy ha.

Frankly, it's not about rich or poor actually.

My initial plan is to have a D7000 with an 18-200 too... This news of bringing in w/ kit lens also quite 'shatters' me. It's not about the pricing, it's about having a lens which is not in the plan, and one is paying for it.

I also hope they bring in body only. But looks like there's no point calling any retailer at the moment, cause I believe they also don't have the information on the pricing nor if there'll be a shipping for body only -_-;;

there is no way to please everybody.
sell kit set........ "I don't need/want the lens leh"
sell body only............."wah! so expensive"

and later........
"why no stocks?"
"why got so many people selling B&S?"
"any problem with D7000?"
"should I wait for price to come down?"
"should I wait for new model?"

the cycle go on and on and on and no ending.:sticktong

Aiya....this is part of the photography learning process mah...I am guilty of that too :embrass:

Dear Bros, Points taken. Real issue is not over the kit lens. I am in hobby of taking photo hence good in buying lenses, appreciate what a good lens can do for me, but very very poor in selling lenses (time and bargaining). I have ever try sell a complete set of Nikon P5000 with tele and wide convertor plus SB600 flash. It cost me near S$3000 to buy when I was working in China, and the shop in Singapore offer me S$80 for the entire set. S$80 is for the flash they do not want the camera. That was the last time I try to sell anything away. At the end I gave it to my daugther's friend to start his interest in taking photography. Likewise I am giving out the E-P1 set to my son when I get the D7000 or actually thinking of the Canon 5DMark II since it is S$1000 difference to bring me direct to Full frame. Crazy ha.

SGD$3000 for P5000 + tele & wide angle + SB600 is way too much! :eek:

Shops will take them in lower than market rate as they would need to make a profit... and if they cannot sell what they buy in, they will be stuck with it... so CS B&S is the best place to sell stuff.

I agree that $80 is very low, but in B&S, you can get abt $200 for P5000 and abt $300 for SB600.

Is it confirmed that Nikon SG would not be selling the D7000 body only option?

If this is so... is there a way to feedback to them that there is a market for people who would like to buy the body only?

If this is so... is there a way to feedback to them that there is a market for people who would like to buy the body only?

they never said dat.

please read the above posts carefully. based on experience, the body only sales will probably be in the later batches. definitely not for the first batch.

i dun think we have to...it's quite common sense that certain people would only want body only. dun think nikon singapore would leave that out. :think:

SGD$3000 for P5000 + tele & wide angle + SB600 is way too much! :eek:

Shops will take them in lower than market rate as they would need to make a profit... and if they cannot sell what they buy in, they will be stuck with it... so CS B&S is the best place to sell stuff.

I agree that $80 is very low, but in B&S, you can get abt $200 for P5000 and abt $300 for SB600.

Hi, this was more than 8 years back prices and I bought the set in China not in Singapore. Anyway, lesson learnt is stick to a brand and the model that can share lenses. Lesson not learnt enough i bought E-P1 which I like the light weight and the quality IQ is ok to me, but suddenly Oly halt on development for who knows how many months or years. OMG invest in E-5 I rather to switch camp to Nikon or Canon and rebuilt the lenses. I hope my decision can last me for the next 10 years by then I have no more stength to hold steady the 1.5kg camera. Wish me luck.

I hope my decision can last me for the next 10 years by then I have no more stength to hold steady the 1.5kg camera. Wish me luck.

no worries, by that time, i think we all must be healthy because we are going to increase our retirement age to 68. :bsmilie:

anyway, we've seen so many older photograpahers still carry heavy equips. shouldn't be any problem for us. :)

Hi, this was more than 8 years back prices and I bought the set in China not in Singapore. Anyway, lesson learnt is stick to a brand and the model that can share lenses. Lesson not learnt enough i bought E-P1 which I like the light weight and the quality IQ is ok to me, but suddenly Oly halt on development for who knows how many months or years. OMG invest in E-5 I rather to switch camp to Nikon or Canon and rebuilt the lenses. I hope my decision can last me for the next 10 years by then I have no more stength to hold steady the 1.5kg camera. Wish me luck.

Don't know about you...I can never justify selling it at a loss so I end up keeping a collection of them. :cool:

no worries, by that time, i think we all must be healthy because we are going to increase our retirement age to 68. :bsmilie:

anyway, we've seen so many older photograpahers still carry heavy equips. shouldn't be any problem for us. :)

My good Sir...you must still be quite young. Me at 89 while still healthy finds carrying a D700 with FF lens and SB900 a real hassle during general walkabout or during tours. Coupled that with tripod and I will have a hard time walking up the Great Wall of China. Holding a DSLR for mere seconds at the shop is completely different from carrying it round your neck. At my age, it is difficult to balance yourself when walking even on level ground. :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.